It's Not Too Late to Apply!
There is still financial aid available for the 2021-2022 school year. Apply today!
Need help with your financial aid application?
Are you a current or future Ventura College student looking for help with your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application? Join us during our weekly drop-in hours and work one-on-one with a financial aid staff member.
Mondays and Tuesdays
4:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 12:00pm
Hours are subject to change based on VCCCD holiday closures. Zoom workshops will not be held on Monday, May 31, 2021 due to Memorial Day.
Drive-Thru Pirates Resource Fair - Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Join us for the Drive-Thru Pirates Resources Fair on Tuesday, April 13, 2021. Access support for the second half of the Spring semester with resources from Basic Needs Food Pantry, Loaner Laptops, Hotspots and more! Receive information about Financial Aid opportunities.
VC Main Campus: 11:00am-1:00pm
VC East Campus (Santa Paula): 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Have questions? Contact Pirates Cove at 805-289-6280.
Need a laptop or WiFi hotspot for school?
Are you a current VC student in need of a laptop or WiFi hotspot? Contact the Financial Aid Office at (805) 289-6369 to see if you are eligible and to schedule an appointment.
We are dedicated financial aid professionals committed to providing all students with information to secure their necessary financial resources so they can meet their educational goals. Ventura College students have a variety of financial aid programs available. These programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options. The types and amounts of financial aid Ventura College awards or recommends are also subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need.
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives
- Intakes and processes financial aid applications and documentation in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Provides loan counseling and maintains efforts to minimize the student loan default rate.
- Provides Satisfactory Academic Progress advising, assists students with the appeal process, reviews financial aid appeals, and provides educational workshops to at-risk students.
- Identifies and outreaches to un-served and underserved student populations. Also, works to increase their participation in and access to financial aid.
- Increases awareness of financial aid on campus, at local high schools, and in our community.
- Maintains compliance with all federal and state financial aid programs and regulations.
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org.
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online, video, email, and text campaigns.
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process.