We are dedicated financial aid professionals committed to providing all students with information to secure their necessary financial resources so they can meet their educational goals. Ventura College students have a variety of financial aid programs available. These programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options. The types and amounts of financial aid Ventura College awards or recommends are also subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need.
Monday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: Closed for processing
Phone: (805) 289-6369
Fax: (805) 289-6383
Location: BCS Map
Cal Dream Act: 00133400
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives:
- Intakes and processes financial aid applications and documentation in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Provides loan counseling and maintains efforts to minimize the student loan default rate.
- Provides Satisfactory Academic Progress advising, assists students with the appeal process, reviews financial aid appeals, and provides educational workshops to at-risk students.
- Identifies and outreaches to un-served and underserved student populations. Also, works to increase their participation in and access to financial aid.
- Increases awareness of financial aid on campus, at local high schools, and in our community.
- Maintains compliance with all federal and state financial aid programs and regulations.
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org.
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online, video, email, and text campaigns.
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process.