Weekly Video Chat Zoom Sessions:
Have general financial aid questions? Are you a current or future Ventura College student looking for help with your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application? Need assistance with your financial aid student account? Join us during our weekly video drop-in hours and work one-on-one with a financial aid staff member.
4:00pm - 6:00pm
4:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 12:00pm
Need in person help with your financial aid application?
We are here to help! Stop by the VC Financial Aid Computer Lab during regular hours and receive assistance with your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application.
Hours are subject to change based on VCCCD holiday closures.
We are dedicated financial aid professionals committed to providing all students with information to secure their necessary financial resources so they can meet their educational goals. Ventura College students have a variety of financial aid programs available. These programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options. The types and amounts of financial aid Ventura College awards or recommends are also subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need.
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives
- Intakes and processes financial aid applications and documentation in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Provides loan counseling and maintains efforts to minimize the student loan default rate.
- Provides Satisfactory Academic Progress advising, assists students with the appeal process, reviews financial aid appeals, and provides educational workshops to at-risk students.
- Identifies and outreaches to un-served and underserved student populations. Also, works to increase their participation in and access to financial aid.
- Increases awareness of financial aid on campus, at local high schools, and in our community.
- Maintains compliance with all federal and state financial aid programs and regulations.
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org.
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online, video, email, and text campaigns.
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process.