UPDATE MARCH 23, 2020
The Ventura College Campus is closed until further notice. The Student Health Center staff are available to assist you remotely during this time. Feel free to call or email with any health questions or to request a personal counseling session via ConferZoom.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Friday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Our Mission is to provide the necessary support, education and environment to help Ventura College students LIVE F.I.T.
Fearless in overcoming challenges to reach personal goals
Inspiring a healthy change on and off campus
Thriving by achieving optimal physical and mental wellbeing
Hours, Location, and Contact
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Friday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Closed on Fridays during summer session)
Location: CRC-108 (ground floor of the CRC bldg)
Call: 805-289-6346 to make a confidential appointment.
If you have mental or physical health concerns call or stop by. Your student health fee covers most consultations but there may be minimal charges for certain services.
Keep you and your campus safe from violence and sexual assault. Click on this link to learn how.
24 Hour Resources
- Suicide Hotline 866-998-2243
- Text Courage to 741741
- LGBTQ Youth Hotline 866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Hotline 800-273-8255
VC IS BREATHING FREE
We are a smoke free campus. See us for free nicotine patches, nicotine gum and smoking cessation counseling to help you quit.
Tips For A Healthier 2020
Lung injury and death related to vaping
1. Consider refraining from using e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly those containing THC.
2. If you have recently used an e-cigarette, or vaping, product and you have symptoms like those reported in this outbreak, see a healthcare provider.
3. If you use e-cigarette, or vaping, products, you should: not use THC or CBD oils off the street; do not modify or add substances
4. See a healthcare provider right away if you vape and have cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea,fatigue, fever, abdominal pain
- Trouble sleeping or concentrating that is interfering with school, work and family life.
- Feeling down, hopeless, helpless or having self destructive thoughts most of the time.
- Using nicotine, drugs, alcohol, food, sex or gambling to cope with difficult emotions.
- Having thoughts of suicide or homicide
- GET TESTED!!! Protect you and your partner from disease. We provide FREE rapid HIV testing.
- Wear condoms. Condoms are the only way to protect yourself from diseases. Watch this video to learn how to put them on correctly.
- Talk about sex. It's important for you and your partner to be open and honest about how to keep yourselves safe physically and emotionally.
- Consent + Sex= Pure Bliss!