NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Associated Students of Ventura College will hold an Executive Meeting on October 3, 2019 at 3:30 PM in the ASVC Multipurpose Room. The Committee reserves the right to suspend the orders of the day if necessary to conduct business. All ASVC meetings are held in locations that are wheelchair accessible. Other disability-related accommodations will be provided to persons with disabilities upon request. Persons requesting such accommodations should notify the Committee Chair, Daisy Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no less than five working days prior to the meeting. In the event of a special meeting, please contact the Committee Chair as soon as possible. In addition, please contact the Committee Chair for any agenda related questions.
Here is the meeting link: Executive Meeting
Who is ASVC?
The Associated Students of Ventura College (ASVC) assumes major responsibility for coordinating student activities and expressing student concerns, interests, and viewpoints to the administration and college community. ASVC Board meetings are held every Tuesday at 2 PM in the Student Center Multi-Purpose Room. Student participation is welcome. Contact the ASVC for more information at (805) 289-6156.
What does ASVC do?
- Offers Leadership Opportunities
- Governs the Ventura College Student Body
- Advocates on behalf of Students
Who is on the board?
The ASVC board consists of eight elected and four appointed student positions. The eight Executive positions are elected annually by the Student Body through the Student Elections and Procedures. The Executive Committee therefore, appoints the rest of the Board and all serve a year long term.
How do I get involved?
You can become involved in two ways:
The Student Elections for the ASVC Executive Positions open on Wednesday, February 27th, 2019 and you may pick up an Student Elections handbook in the Student Activities Office located in the SCC building.
All Students applying for elections must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age prior to assuming office
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher
- Be currently enrolled in a minimum of 5 units at Ventura College.
Applying for a Position:
Appointed positions are available in the beginning of each semester and you may pick up an application in Student Activities Office or email the ASVC President at ASVCPresident@vcccd.edu for more information.
Celebrate with us on Thursday, September 26th, 2019 from 10am-1pm in the Bookstore Quad. There will be live music, activities, outside organizations and giveaways.
2019-2020 ASVC Board
- President – Daisy Castillo
- Vice President - VACANT
- Director of External Affairs – VACANT
- Director of Administration – Leanne Mancira
- Director of Finance – Carlo Plascencia
- Director of Student Organizations – Brianda Plascencia
- Director of Equity and Inclusion – VACANT
- Director of East Campus - Enrique Rodriguez
- Event and Activities Officer - Jasmin Martin
- Community Relations Officer – Jazmin Cosio
- Public Relations Officer – Angelica Terrezas
- Athletics Liaison Officer - Athena Lazos
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!