Protecting the health and safety of students and employees is our top priority. We are available through phone or email and are happy to assist you remotely.
Who is ASVC?
The Associated Students of Ventura College (ASVC) assumes major responsibility for coordinating student activities and expressing student concerns, interests, and viewpoints to the administration and college community. ASVC Board meetings are held every Tuesday at 2 PM in the Student Center Multi-Purpose Room. Student participation is welcome. Contact the ASVC for more information at (805) 289-6156.
What does ASVC do?
- Offers Leadership Opportunities
- Governs the Ventura College Student Body
- Advocates on behalf of Students
Who is on the board?
The ASVC board consists of eight elected and four appointed student positions. The eight Executive positions are elected annually by the Student Body through the Student Elections and Procedures. The Executive Committee therefore, appoints the rest of the Board and all serve a year long term.
How do I get involved?
You can become involved in two ways:
The Student Elections for the ASVC Executive Positions are currently open and available through student portals.
All Students applying for elections must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age prior to assuming office
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher
- Be currently enrolled in a minimum of 5 units at Ventura College.
Applying for a Position:
Appointed positions are available in the beginning of each semester and you may pick up an application in Student Activities Office or email the ASVC President at ASVCPresident@vcccd.edu for more information.
Links to Virtual Forums:
Other Important Links:
4.28.20 ASVC Board Meeting
Meeting ID: 812 4334 0552
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,81243340552#,,#,659846# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,81243340552#,,#,659846# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 812 4334 0552
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/km4dfdcLQ
2019-2020 ASVC Board
- President – Daisy Castillo
- Vice President - Brianda Placencia
- Director of External Affairs – VACANT
- Director of Administration – Leanne Mancira
- Director of Finance – Carlo Plascencia
- Director of Student Organizations – Jasmin Martin
- Director of Equity and Inclusion – VACANT
- Director of East Campus - Enrique Rodriguez
- Event and Activities Officer - VACANT
- Community Relations Officer – Jazmin Cosio
- Public Relations Officer – Angelica Terrezas
- Athletics Liaison Officer - Athena Lazos
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!