Who is ASVC?
The Associated Students of Ventura College (ASVC) assumes major responsibility for coordinating student activities and expressing student concerns, interests, and viewpoints to the administration and college community. ASVC Board meetings are held every Tuesday at 2 PM in the Student Center Multi-Purpose Room. Student participation is welcome. Contact the ASVC for more information at (805) 289-6156.
What does ASVC do?
- Offers Leadership Opportunities
- Governs the Ventura College Student Body
- Advocates on behalf of Students
Who is on the board?
The ASVC board consists of fourteen elected and appointed student positions. The seven Executive positions are elected annually by the Student Body through the Student Elections and Procedures. The Executive Committee therefore, appoints the rest of the Board and all serve a year long term.
How do I get involved?
You can become involved in two ways:
The Student Elections for the ASVC Executive Positions open on Wednesday, February 27th, 2019 and you may pick up an Student Elections handbook in the Student Activities Office located in the SCC building.
All Students applying for elections must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age prior to assuming office
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher
- Be currently enrolled in a minimum of 5 units at Ventura College.
Applying for a Position:
Appointed positions are available in the beginning of each semester and you may pick up an application in Student Activities Office or email the ASVC President at ASVCPresident@vcccd.edu for more information.
2018-2019 ASVC Board
- President - Vanessa Luis
- Vice President - Claribell Ezennia
- Director of External Affairs – Daisy Castillo
- Executive Secretary – Leslie Herrera
- Treasurer – Michael Schouten
- Senator of Internal Affairs – Vacant
- Senator of External Affairs – Leanne Mancira
- Public Relations Director -Vacant
- Historian - Vacant
- Inter-Club Council President - Adrian Ponce
- Event Coordinator - Grandon Aubert
- Intercollegiate Athletics Liaison - Vacant
- Community Relations Director - Vacant
- VC Santa Paula Representative - America Juan Mercado
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!