Who is ASVC?
The Associated Students of Ventura College (ASVC) assumes major responsibility for coordinating student activities and expressing student concerns, interests, and viewpoints to the administration and college community. ASVC Board meetings are held every Tuesday at 2 PM in the Student Center Multi-Purpose Room. Student participation is welcome. Contact the ASVC for more information at (805) 289-6156.
What does ASVC do?
- Offers Leadership Opportunities
- Governs the Ventura College Student Body
- Advocates on behalf of Students
Who is on the board?
The ASVC board consists of fourteen elected and appointed student positions. The seven Executive positions are elected annually by the Student Body through the Student Elections and Procedures. The Executive Board therefore, appoints the rest of the General Board and all serve an a year long term..
How do I get involved?
The Student Elections for the ASVC Executive Board are held every April for the following year. To learn about open positions and serve on the ASVC General Board visit us at the Student Activities Office.
All Students applying must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age prior to assuming office
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher
- Be currently enrolled in a minimum of 5 units at Ventura College.
2018-2019 ASVC General Board
- President - Vanessa Luis
- Vice President - Vacant
- Director of External Affairs – Daisy Castillo
- Executive Secretary – Leslie Herrera
- Treasurer – Vacant
- Senator of Internal Affairs – Clariabell Ezennia
- Senator of External Affairs – Leanne Mancira
- Public Relations Director -Vacant
- Historian - Vacant
- Inter-Club Council President - Adrian Ponce
- Event Coordinator - Grandon Aubert
- Intercollegiate Athletics Liaison - Vacant
- Community Relations Director - Vacant
- VC Santa Paula Representative - America Juan Mercado
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!