Please see the list of some of the most frequently asked questions we have received.  As more questions arise and/or we receive additional guidance, we will update our list.*

Is the Financial Aid Office closed?

No, The Financial Aid Office remains open and ready to assist you via phone and on-line methods.  Please refer to our website for the latest announcements, office hours and contact numbers.

I do not have a laptop for online courses, what can I do?

The Financial Aid Office has a limited number of “VC Student Emergency Grants”.  Please refer to our website for more information.

I just completed my 2019-2020 financial aid requirements; will I receive financial aid if I am eligible?

Yes, at this time, the Financial Aid Office is open and available via on-line methods. It is extremely important that once all requirements are completed, you monitor your MyVCCCD portal weekly for updates on your status.

If eligible, an award notification email will be sent to your MyVCCCD Student Portal once your file review process is complete.

Is it too late to apply for financial aid?

No. Financial aid applications for the 2019-2020 academic year can be completed up until June 30, 2020. We strongly encourage you to apply today. 

What is the deadline to submit a Satisfactory Academic Appeal for to the Financial Aid Office?

The appeal to submit your form is Tuesday, April 14, 2020. 

Please refer to our website for more information.

I need to apply for a Federal Direct Loan.  Where can I obtain information and what is the deadline to submit a request?

Federal Direct Loan information can be found on our webpage.  The deadline to submit a Federal Loan Request form to our office is April 28, 2020

What happens if I am unable to continue attending school?

We strongly recommend you talk with your instructor(s) before you withdraw from your class(es).  We also ask you to contact the Financial Aid Office so we can discuss how this will affect your current and/or future financial aid eligibility.  Lastly, we recommend you speak to your academic counselor and the Admissions and Records Office to discuss any other alternatives that may be available.

Will I have to repay my financial aid if I stop attending, completely withdraw or fail all of my classes this semester?

If you stop attending, completely withdraw or fail all of your classes, you may not be eligible for the full amount of financial aid funds that you were originally scheduled to receive.

The Financial Aid Office will determine the amount of aid you have “earned” and/or the amount you may owe.  See Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) for more information.

Can I use my financial aid to purchase a computer/laptop?

Yes.  Your financial aid can be used to purchase a computer/laptop to help you with your educational needs.

I work on campus under Federal Work-Study.  Can I continue working if my classes are now online?

Yes, if you work for a department that continues to operate and need your services, you can continue to work and receive payment for hours worked.

What if my department closes, will I lose my job or my salary? 

No.  If your department is closed or your supervisor has asked that you not come to work because of the campus closures and you are still attending classes, you will continue to receive payment for your normally scheduled work hours. Additional guidance will follow.

Is there financial aid available to me if I lose my job or income due to the coronavirus closures?

Yes.  The Financial Aid Office can assist you with your financial aid application or help you identify additional resources that may be available to you.

Does Ventura College provide help in obtaining food or other school essentials?

The VC Food Pantry will remain open to VC students on a limited basis unless other county ordinances take place. The VC Food Pantry has been temporarily relocated to the BCS building (next to the Financial Aid Computer Lab). Food may be limited due to high demands within our county. 

The Basic Needs Office can also provide assistance in applying for CalFresh (formerly known as SNAP)

See Basic Needs Office for more information.

*Subject to change without notice