We understand that there may be circumstances that impact your ability to pay for college, and these may not always be clear in your initial financial aid application. Maybe you or your parent's have experienced a change in income since the application was filed. You may have additional educational expenses that have not been included in your financial aid budget. Maybe you have changed your housing plan. If your financial circumstances changed after you filed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act Application, you may want to consider filing an appeal with Ventura College.
The Financial Aid staff may be able to adjust the following if your appeal is approved:
- Changes in income
- One-time educational costs
- Housing changes
- Changes in dependency status
Please refer to the Important Dates website for deadline dates. Some funding may be limited so try to submit your appeal as early as possible.
- Appeals are typically reviewed within 2 weeks of submission. During busy processing times such as the summer or the beginning of the semester, it may take longer for your appeal to be evaluated.
- Once the review is completed,
- If your appeal is approved you will receive a revised financial aid notification via email
- If your appeal is not approved, you will receive an appeal follow up email notifying you of the reason(s) it was not approved.