& Military Family Members!
VRC is OPEN for In-Person Service
Mon. - Thur. 9:00AM - 5;00PM
Fridays 9am - 1PM
The VC Veterans Resource Center (VRC) offers personalized service to veterans, active duty members including National Guard/Reserves and dependents of veterans.
Call us first! 805.289.6060
- Answer your questions & help you navigate enrollment
- Schedule academic counseling appointments
- Connect you to GI Bill® and CalVet educational funding
- Help you get certified for benefits
- Help you find free textbooks
CONNECT WITH US (links):
Canvas VRC Subscribe here to receive important weekly info from the VRC including: important dates, scholarship announcements, campus events, food pantry details, CalTAPP trainings, hiring events, articles and discussions with other students.
Important General Information
The campus closure and transition to distance learning will not affect your GI Bill® or Basic Housing Allowance (BAH) due to recent changes in VA policy. Click here for details.
★ VRC Mission Statement ★
The Ventura College Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is committed to establishing a supportive environment and welcoming campus culture for all Active Duty, Veteran and eligible Dependents of Veterans. The VRC was founded on the premise that the challenges faced by veterans may be addressed through a combination of services emphasizing academics, camaraderie and overall wellness. VRC staff are here to help provide that support and to guide military students through the process of achieving their educational goals.
The VRC offers personalized services to veterans, active duty military and eligible dependents in a welcoming environment:
- Application assistance for VC admission and course registration
- Academic counseling for JST/transcript evaluation & to develop your SEP (Student Education Plan)
- Access to V.A. & CalVet Educational Benefits
- Tutors and study area
- Computers, printers, and scanners
- Lounge space, restrooms and kitchenette