& Military Family Members!
Education continues online while the VC campus is temporarily closed due to COVID.
The VRC is REMOTELY OPEN and we are supporting our students!
The VRC offers personalized service to veterans, active duty members including National Guard and Reserves and dependents of veterans. Call us first! 805.289.6060
- Answer your questions
- Schedule academic counseling appointments (counseling by phone)
- Connect you to GI Bill® and CalVet educational funding
- Help you get certified for benefits
- Help you get a laptop and/or hotspot
CONNECT WITH US (links):
Canvas VRC Subscribe here to receive important weekly info from the VRC including: important dates, scholarship announcements, campus events, food pantry details, CalTAPP trainings, hiring events, articles and discussions with other students.
Important General Information
The campus closure and transition to distance learning will not affect your GI Bill® or Basic Housing Allowance (BAH) per VA recent changes in policy.
★ VRC Mission Statement ★
The Ventura College Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is committed to establishing a supportive environment and welcoming campus culture for all Active Duty, Veteran and eligible Dependents of Veterans. The VRC was founded on the premise that the challenges faced by veterans may be addressed through a combination of services emphasizing academics, camaraderie and overall wellness. VRC staff are here to help provide that support and to guide military students through the process of achieving their educational goals.
The VRC offers personalized services to veterans, active duty military and eligible dependents in a welcoming environment:
- Application assistance for VC admission and course registration
- Academic counseling for JST/transcript evaluation & to develop your SEP (Student Education Plan)
- Access to V.A. & CalVet Educational Benefits
- Tutors and study area
- Computers, printers, and scanners
- Lounge space, restrooms and kitchenette