Although the VC campus is temporarily closed,
education continues online and we are working remotely to support our students!
Welcome Military and Military Family Members!
The VRC is staffed with veteran worker who provide personalized service to veterans, active duty members including National Guard and Reserves and dependents of veterans. We Can!
- Schedule telephone academic counseling appointments
- Connect you to GI Bill® and CalVet educational funding
- Help you get certified for benefits
- Link you with tutors
- Answer your questions
- Post important information and resources
- Help you find housing, food and counselling services
CONNECT WITH US (links):
Important General Information
For continuing students, your registration date will be updated in your Student Portal
The campus closure and transition to distance learning will not affect your GI Bill® or Basic Housing per VA recent changes in policy.
On March 21, the President signed Senate Bill S. 3503, which enables the VA to continue providing the same level of education benefits to students having to take courses online due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The bill allows for temporary continued payment of educational benefits even if the program has changed from resident training to online training. Make sure to enroll in at least one courses that was INTENDED to be taugh in Residence (in person)
In addition, GI Bill® students will continue receiving the same monthly housing allowance (MHA) payments they received for resident training until Dec. 21, or until the school resumes in-person classes.
★ VRC Mission Statement ★
The Ventura College Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is committed to establishing a supportive environment and welcoming campus culture for all Active Duty, Veteran and eligible Dependents of Veterans. The VRC was founded on the premise that the challenges faced by veterans may be addressed through a combination of services emphasizing academics, camaraderie and overall wellness. VRC staff are here to help provide that support and to guide military students through the process of achieving their educational goals.
The VRC offers personalized services to veterans, active duty military and eligible dependents in a welcoming environment:
- Application assistance for VC admission and course registration
- Academic counseling such as transcript evaluation, and developing education plans
- Access to V.A. & CalVet Educational Benefits
- Study area
- Computers, printers, and scanners
- Lounge space, restroom and kitchenette