Welcome VC Veterans, Active Duty and Military Families and Thank You for Your Service!
Available for Skype, Phone and Canvas appointments during the VC campus closure Monday/Tuesday from 10:00am-6:30pm and Wednesday/Thursday from 8:30am-4:30pm.
Get help applying for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete 2019-2020 FAFSA (Spring 2020 and Summer 2020)
- Complete 2020-2021 FAFSA (Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021)
Get help applying for Financial Aid when you have experienced a change in student or spouse income
- Review your financial aid application for special financial circumstances due to changes in income
- Loss of income due to separation from military, loss of employment or change in employment
- Change in income occurring in 2018, 2019 or 2020
Get help with with your SAP Appeal and Appeal to Extend
- Assistance with completing and submitting Financial Aid Appeals due to GPA, Unit Completion or Maximum Time Frame
Get help with your Bank Mobile Vibe account
- Understanding your award letter and your Financial Aid disbursements
- Setting up your Bank Mobile Vibe Account to receive Financial Aid disbursements
Get help with questions related to your VA Benefits, Residency and other financial aid questions
- Call Shasta Hanson directly at 805-289-6575, or email shanson.vcccd.edu
- Available for Skype, Phone and Canvas appointments Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30am-4:30pm during the VC campus closure
Updates for Veterans related to campus closures due to COVID-19
Over the past two weeks, VA has worked with Congress to preserve GI Bill benefits for impacted students during this difficult time. The Senate and House passed S.3503 and the bill will be headed to POTUS to sign, which will give the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) the authority to continue GI Bill payments uninterrupted in the event of national emergencies. The new law allows for VA to continue to pay benefits regardless of the fact that the program has changed from resident training to online training. Also, students will continue to receive the same monthly housing allowance payments that they received for resident training until January 1, 2021, or until the school resumes normal operations of resident training. VA is working to immediately implement the new changes to address current and future school terms to ensure students continue to receive their education benefits.
What should GI Bill Students know?
There is no action required from a GI Bill student. VA has scheduled several training sessions with all VA approved schools and training facilities over the next couple of days to provide further guidance. We will work closely with schools to ensure enrollments are accurately certified and processed timely. We are committed to providing regular updates to you through direct email campaigns and social media about VA’s effort to implement these new changes. If you have questions about your specific circumstance, please contact the Education Call Center at: 1-888-442-4551 between 8 AM and 7 PM Eastern Time, Monday-Friday.
Get updated information from VA News at: