With FYE you are VIP!
COVID-19 Update: Protecting the health and safety of student and employees is our top priority. FYE services are now offered in person and remotely. If visiting the center, please follow the screening guidelines below. Face coverings and social distancing are required in the FYE center. If you have any questions, please contact the FYE Office.
Step 1: Download the MyVCCCD mobile app on your smartphone. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can complete the Home Health Screening Online. If you don’t have an internet device, you can complete the pre-screening self-assessment on-site: Ventura College Home Health Screening
Step 2: You may upload a picture of your vaccination card under “Report Vaccinations”. This is an option to verify your vaccination status.
Step 3: Please take the At Home Pre-Screening Survey. You will have to complete this every day BEFORE you come to campus. You may get a reminder daily to complete the screening, but you only have to perform the screening if you are coming to campus.
Step 4: You will now receive a Health Pass. To find the pass, go to the profile section, click on “Health & Wellness”, and then “My Health Pass”.
- If you are RED, please stay at home. Students should contact their instructor and the Student Health Center.
- If you are BLUE or GREEN, you are cleared to come to campus to complete the screening process and receive a wristband indicating that you have been screened.
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Benefits of Participating in FYE:
Ventura College invites first-time college students to participate in First Year Experience Program (FYE).
- Get a head start on your college education.
- Year-long personal/academic support as you transition into college.
- Introduction to student support services.
- Create community by meeting other students.
- Individualized academic/career counseling and guidance.
- Priority registration.
The goal of FYE is to introduce new students to the expectations of higher education. Students will connect with campus resources designed to promote academic retention and success. FYE students will learn how to make informed decisions about their educational and career goals. This year-long program begins with our summer extended orientation. Students will learn to engage in the college experience, develop critical thinking skills to enhance academic success, and plan for a successful future at VC and beyond.