Ventura College Campus Resources
Homeless Student Liaison
The Financial Aid Office
Website | Financial Aid Canvas | firstname.lastname@example.org | (805) 289-6369
- Receive assistance with applying for financial aid.
- Priority Registration may be available for students under the age of 25, who do not have fixed, regular, and adequate housing.
The Basic Needs Office
Website | Basic Needs Canvas | email@example.com | (805) 289-6583
- Provide food and other essential supplies to students through the VC Food Pantry.
- CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps, and federally knows as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP) can add to your food budget by helping you put healthy and nutritious food on the table. Click here for more information and to see if you are eligible.
- If you are a VC student in need of housing or a suitable place to live, complete the Housing Referral Request Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or through canvas page.
- Bus Transportation is available to Ventura College students for free. VC Students are able to ride the bus by presenting their VC Student ID card. Simply present your ID card and ride free anywhere the Ventura County Transportation Commission (VCTC) rides. For up to the minute information and bus schedules visit goventura.org. Can't afford a VC student ID? Contact the Basic Needs Office.
- Access to on campus shower facilities.
- Access to mental health referrals and counseling with the VC Student Health Center.
Additional Student Resources
VC Student Emergency Grant (VCSEG) - A grant to support students facing temporary financial hardship due to an emergency or crisis situation.
VCEmergency.com - Stay informed with local updates about the Coronavirus here in Ventura County.
California Community College Health & Wellness - Emotional Wellness + COVID-19: Resources to help students support their mental health, physical health, basic needs, and wellness.
211 Get Connected. Get Help. COVID-19 Pandemic - Virtual services providing expert and caring help.
The Hope Center: For College Community and Justice - Resources for students
The Hope Center: For College, Community and Justice (COVID-19) - Surviving COVID-19: A #RealCollege guide for students
United Way - Recovery Response to COVID-19 or call (866) 211-9966
Resources and Offers for Students Learning from Home
VitalSource - VitalSource has joined leasing publishers to help ensure students can continue to access free quality digital course materials and e-textbooks due to a recent and rapid campus shift to distance learning.
California Community College Keep Learning - Preparing for online learning and resources for low-cost and free internet access.
Keep America Connected Pledge - Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai emphasized the importance of keeping Americans connected as the country experiences serious disruptions caused by the Coronavirus outbreak. For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 responses and offers, please visit AT&T, Charter/Spectrum, Comcast Internet Essential Program, Sprint/T-Mobile, Verizon, and Xfinity WiFi.
Food, Housing, and Other Essential Needs
Ventura County Food Share - Find local food pantries, congregate meals, community produce markets and others who provide free food to those in need.
FoodPantries.org - Find information on local pantries, food closets, food banks, soup kitchens, congregate meal locations, food boxes, vouchers, and more.
Feeding America - Find information on local food banks and meal programs near you.
California Association of Food Banks - Assistance locating food banks as well as overview of food programs in California.
211 Services: Essential Needs - Resources for food, housing, childcare, and more.
Aunt Bertha Social Care Network - Search for free or reduced cost services for food, medical care, job training and more.
Count of Ventura - List of year-round shelters in Ventura County
RAIN Transitional Living Center or call (805) 385-7505
Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program or call (805) 385-1800
County of Ventura Independent Living Program (former foster youth) or call (805) 654-3245
Mental Health Resources
Ventura County 24/7 Suicide Hotline - call (877) 727-4747
Free Mental Health Crisis 24/7 Text line - text "courage" to 741741
California Community College - Wellness Central offering online health and wellness resources
Ventura County Mental health Services and Support or call (866) 998-2243
Pacific Clincias Tay Tunnel Walk in Center (for ages 18-25) or call 805-240-2538
Medical & Dental Resources
VC Student Health Center or call (805) 289-6346
Academic Medical Center or call (805) 652-6500
Free Clinic of Simi Valley or call (805) 522-3733 for free medical and dental assistance.
Conejo Free Clinic or call (805) 497-3575 for free medical and dental assistance.
Westminster Free Clinic or call (805) 241-8366 for free medical and dental assistance.