The First Semester Course Planning Session (FCS) is an opportunity for all new students at Ventura College to learn about various educational pathways available to them and learn to select courses for their first semester based on their goal.
To participate in the course planning session, please follow the steps below:
- Have an admissions application for the semester you will start at VC.
- Have access to your MyVCCCD student portal
- Submit all official transcripts (high school, AP scores and/or other colleges/universities you attended) to Admissions and Records to assist with prerequisite clearances and/or to receive appropriate college credit
- Complete the Online Orientation
- Complete your First-Semester Course Planning Session (FCS) online or through a scheduled zoom session. Zoom FCS sessions are scheduled by career and major communities. Students are strongly encouraged to sign up for the session that most closely aligns to their major or area of interest. To sign up for a Zoom FCS session or to get more assistance after completing the online FCS, please call our our office at 805-289-6448.
Zoom FCS Schedule: