Keep Teaching – Continue Serving
In the case of an emergency, Ventura College may aim to provide instructional and student service continuity by offering temporary, remote instruction and student service provisions for our students, faculty, and staff. The following information has been provided to assist faculty and staff with the transition of moving instruction and student service activities to maintain campus continuity.
Please visit the VCCCD Alerts page to stay up-to-date on most current information for Ventura County. You will also receive regular updates to your vcccd.edu emails. Feel free to direct any questions or concerns to your supervisor.
Login to Canvas
For instant access to the VCCCD Canvas login page, go to: https://vcccd.instructure.com. We recommend providing this direct link to students, staff, and faculty when communicating with them about online learning and instruction. In addition, when accessing Canvas from a desktop or laptop computer be sure to ONLY use updated versions of Google Chrome or FireFox. When accessing Canvs from mobile devices, use the Canvas app (see below).
Suggested Mobile Apps
We are recommending all faculty, staff, and students download the free Canvas (Student or Teacher) mobile apps, as well as Zoom (ConferZoom account works on Zoom mobile app).
- Canvas Student Mobile Apps: Android , iOS
- Canvas Teacher Mobile Apps: Android, iOS
- Zoom Mobile App (Works with ConferZoom)
Training & Resources:
Schedule of Live Training
Please visit the Distance Education Instructional Technology Training Schedule Site for up-to-date information on face-to-face and virtual training sessions on topics such as Canvas Basics, ConferZoom, ADA Compliance and more! We will also update on current drop-in hours and how to book appointments.
Keep Teaching – Continue Serving: Self-Paced Training
This self-paced training in Canvas is curated for all VCCCD faculty and staff looking for step-by-step guides on basic Canvas tools, ConferZoom, Lecture Capture, ADA Compliance, Library Resources, Student Services tools, and more! It will also be updated as more materials (e.g templates and samples are developed).
- To access this training course, follow the link for Keep Teaching – Continue Serving: Remote Tools for Faculty and Staff and select the Enroll in Course button.
- To share this resource with other VCCCD members, provide this direct URL: https://vcccd.instructure.com/enroll/X6XCM7
Ventura College Library
The Ventura College Library provides remote access to many library resources including OneSearch, our databases, and assistance from a librarian. The Library website also has a Library Guide to assist students with using these resources from off-campus. To assist faculty in the transition to online courses, the library has the following services and resources:
- Guide to Embedding Library Content in Canvas
- Student guide to Library Research and Resources that can be embedded into Canvas courses
- Librarians are also happy to be added as TAs in Canvas courses to work with students via a discussion board
VCCCD Peer Networks
Sharing resources among your departments is highly encouraged. For faculty or staff willing to serve as peer support, please fill out this short Faculty Peer Support form so the Distance Education Team can contact you. You can also use this form you have created useful materials you would be willing to share.Here are some examples of some great resources developed by your colleagues:
Request One-on-One Peer Support
We are offering several group trainings sessions daily, but if you feel you need some extra help from a volunteer faculty member, please fill out this request form. After requesting, we will use this information to match you with an appropriate peer who will reach out to you soon.
Vision Resource Center
The CCC System provides free access to learning resources, including Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning, for all employees through the Vision Resource Center. There are also specific resources for CCC's regarding COVID-19. To access these valuable resources, follow these directions:
- Navigate to the Vision Resource Center
- If you do not have an account, select Register and provide your official vcccd.edu email.
- If you do, go to Login and select General User Login OR go to this direct login link.
- Once you’re in, select the Learn button in the middle of the page and search or browse for trainings.
- For specific resourcse for COVID-19, under the “Connect” menu, visit “All Communities” and look for the “CCC | COVID-19 Resources, Tools and Discussion” section. Click “Join Community” to access the content within.
☎️ Contacts for Support:
VC DE Student Help Desk: VCDEStudentHelp@vcccd.edu │ (805) 289-6452
VC DE Faculty Help Desk: (805) 289-6172 │ firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday: 4:30-7pm (through March 25)
24/7 Evenings and Weekends Canvas Tech Support: (844) 303-4505
VC Information Technology Help Desk: Faculty and Staff help for email, software installation, equipment repair, network connectivity, etc.