These test dates are for applicants that are applying for the Spring 2020 semester during the application period that ends 9/15/2019. Please email Cathie Faulkner at email@example.com to request a reservation date and time. Cathie will email a confirmation directly to each student. All contact regarding the TEAS date is done by email. No phone calls please.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL BE PROVIDING THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THE TEAS TEST NOW (no more Paper and Pencil). Due to this, we are limited in space to an absolute maximum of 40 students per session.
Due to this change, we have added a third testing date. All testing (EAC as well), will be provided on the following dates:
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - ELC Testing Center - 8:00 am - 4:30 p.m. -ALL STUDENTS WILL BEGIN AT 8:00 AM
- Thursday, September 19, 2019 - ELC Testing Center - 8:00 am - 4:30 p.m. - ALL STUDENTS WILL BEGIN AT 8:00 AM
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - ELC Testing Center - 8:00 am - 4:30 p.m. - ALL STUDENTS WILL BEGIN AT 8:00 AM - THIS DATE IS FULL
EAC students will be required to provide proof of eligibility for the current semester from the EAC a minimum of two weeks prior to scheduling the TEAS test. Late applicants will not be rescheduled.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE SMALLER TESTING SITE - YOU MUST CHOOSE A PRIMARY DATE AND A SECONDARY DATE THAT YOU CAN TEST.
CATHIE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF THE DATE YOU ARE SCHEDULED.
|ATI TEAS Testing Dates|
|September 17, 2019||Tuesday||8:00 AM||ELC - 1|
|September 19, 2019||Thursday||8:00 AM||ELC - 1|
|September 24, 2019 - THIS DATE IS FULL||Tuesday||8:00 AM||ELC - 1|
Note: ATI TEAS testing is also available directly from ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC). Go to: http://www.atitesting.com/home.aspx for information and scheduling. ATI does charge for testing, and you will also have to pay a fee to have your results electronically sent to Ventura College.
When do I have to take the ATI TEAS and send results to Ventura College?
- The applicant must turn in Application and be declared eligible for ATI TEAS testing at Ventura College by the nursing counselors before the applicant can reserve a seat for ATI TEAS testing at Ventura College. Applicants to the Ventura College nursing program are required to take the ATI TEAS prior to October 1 for the September 15 application deadline and prior to April 1 for the March 15 application deadline.
ATI TEAS testing is provided ONLY for Ventura College ADN program applicants.
- If you take the ATI TEAS test at Ventura College, ATI TEAS results are available to the School of Nursing immediately after the test through the ATI testing site.
ATI TEAS results from other testing sites:
- Results of testing at other sites are accepted when forwarded directly to Ventura College Nursing by the testing company (ATI).
ATI TEAS test results taken at all other locations must be sent via the ATI website to Ventura College prior to:
- Fall - October 1
- Spring - April 1
It is the student's responsibility to request the results be sent through ATI to Ventura College School of Nursing prior to October 1 for the September 15 application deadline and prior to April 1 for the March 15 application deadline. ATI charges a fee for this service. The student is responsible for payment of this fee. ATI TEAS results sent electronically to Ventura College will be matched to the name under which the student applied to the Nursing Program. Tests completed at other sites are counted as testing attempts. Only two student attempts to reach the success score are permitted.
Read the document titled "ATI TEAS Administration at Ventura College."
How do I reserve a date to take the ATI TEAS at Ventura College?
Send Catherine Faulkner an e-mail to reserve a seat for ATI TEAS testing. The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org . Be prepared to include the following information in the e-mail:
- Preferred test date/time - YOU MUST PROVIDE 2 DATES DUE TO THE SMALL TESTING FACILITY
- e-mail address
- Phone number
- student 900 ID number
Cathie Faulkner can be reached at 805-289-6496, but your reservations MUST be made via e-mail.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail of your ATI TEAS testing seat. Due to the high volume of calls, please do not call the School of Nursing office for information. If your desired testing date is full, your alternate date will be confirmed..
If you need to cancel, please contact Cathie Faulkner at 805-289-6496 so another student may take your place. In consideration of other students, please avoid cancelations if at all possible, but please do not come to the test if you are ill.
Go to www.atitesting.com and set up a user account with your ID and password. Bring this information with you on the day of the test.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to reserve a seat for ATI TEAS testing. Students preparing to take the ATI TEAS may purchase the ATI TEAS Study Manual offered through ATI if desired.
When taking the ATI TEAS at Ventura college, the student must bring a picture identification (driver's license, passport, or state identification card).
What if I require special testing accommodations for the ATI TEAS based on a diagnosed disability?
Accommodations for testing may be available to students with disabilities. Students requiring special testing accommodations for diagnosed disabilities must:
- Notify Cathie FIRST when inquiring about a ATI TEAS reservation email@example.com
- Obtain EAC (Educational Assistance Center) authorization prior to scheduling a ATI TEAS exam testing date 805-289-6300; and
If you have prescribed testing accommodations related to diagnosed disabilities, you are responsible for arranging your testing with the Educational Assistance Center (EAC) 2 weeks prior to the date of the test. YOUR ACTUAL TESTING WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE ENGLISH LEARNING CENTER COMPUTER LAB ELC-1. You will not be able to be accommodated on the testing date if you have not notified EAC and the School of Nursing about your accommodation. EAC can be reached at 805-289-6300. EAC students will be required to provide proof of eligibility for the current semester from EAC two weeks prior to scheduling the ATI TEAS test.
What can I do to prepare for the ATI TEAS Exam?
Ventura College School of Nursing offers the ATI TEAS test as a courtesy to applicants to the program. The TEAS test is produced by Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC (ATI). Information about the content and format of the test may be found at the company's website: www.atitesting.com. Students can prepare for the TEAS with several resources including the Official ATI TEAS study manual (sixth edition). Study manuals are available for purchase on the ATI online store as well as online practice exams. Make sure to purchase the ATI TEAS version.
What do I need to know about the day of ATI TEAS testing?
On the day of the ATI TEAS test bring:
- Driver's license, passport or state identification card (picture ID) - REQUIRED FOR ENTRY INTO TESTING
- Student 900 ID number
- A working e-mail address that you check regularly
- Your ATI username and password
- NO calculator (calculator will be provided at the test site)
How will I be taking the test?
- You will be taking the test on a computer the at the Ventura College campus. The test is proctored.
You must be familiar with:
-Using a mouse to select answers from multiple-choice list.
-Using a mouse to navigate a webpage (click on links, drop-down menus, etc).
-Typing information into address bars and text boxes.
- Those with a diagnosed disability that have prescribed testing accommodations must:
-Notify the School of Nursing prior to the test.
- The test is 3.5 hours long with four timed sections. Extra time is added to the total testing period for user account set-up and short breaks in between sections. You must take the entire test during the testing period. If you finish quickly you may leave before the time has ended. Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. Late arrivals will not be admitted and will have to reschedule.
- A four function calculator will be provided at the time of testing. Scratch paper will be provided, and will be collected at the end of the test.
- If the proctor observes any infraction of test protocol the individual's test will be stopped and considered invalid. The infraction will be reported to the Dean of Students and a copy of the report will be placed in the student's application file. A letter will be sent to the student stating the test is not being accepted due to test procedures not being followed, as any compromise in testing procedure renders the results invalid.
When do I get my results?
Results - Your results will be immediately viewable on your screen in the testing center. Printing is not allowed at the testing site, but you may print your results at home directly from the ATI website. The Ventura College School of Nursing has immediate access to your results.
ATI TEAS ADMINISTRATION AT VENTURA COLLEGE
What content updates was made to the ATI TEAS?
You can view an overview of the ATI TEAS content here. Because of these content updates, students testing on or after August 31, 2016 will need to purchase the sixth edition study manual.
I took the test prior to August 31, 2016, and I need to re-test. What study materials should I use?
Because of the content updates that occurred for the ATI TEAS, the TEAS V preparation materials will not provide the tester with a comprehensive overview of the topics assessed. Individuals preparing for the ATI TEAS will want to purchase the ATI TEAS preparation materials.
What is the ATI TEAS?
Ventura College Associate Degree Nursing Program applicants are required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) as part of the admission multi-criteria due to new regulations by the California State Chancellor's Office. The ATI TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading mathematics, science and English and language usage. These entry level skills were deemed important for health science program applicants by a panel of subject matter experts.
The Chancellor of the California Community colleges requires an individual composite score of 62% on ATI TEAS. Scoring 62% or above indicates that you have the academic skills necessary for successful completion of the nursing curriculum. Screening students' academic skills and requiring remediation for a composite score below 62% coupled with low Reading, Math, Science and English sub scores will increase the likelihood of success in a challenging nursing curriculum. The success score for the ATI TEAS exam is subject to change based on the State Chancellor’s requirements.
Applicants to the Ventura College nursing program are required to take the ATI TEAS prior to October 1 for the September 15 application deadline and prior to April 1 for the March 15 application deadline.
Scores for the TEAS V version will be accepted and counted (if this version was taken more than once).
What is the difference between the two tests?
The ATI TEAS will be similar in difficulty level to the previous version of the TEAS. Content updates were made to align with current education standards deemed important for entry level health science applicants to possess.
The ATI TEAS test contributes to the multi-criteria points for admission. Total maximum points earned come from the sum of the points awarded for the student's TEAS composite score, English score, Reading score, Math score and Science score.
Starting August 31, 2016, all new cohorts will be required to take ATI TEAS. The ATI TEAS cut composite score is 62%. The Ventura College Nursing Program will utilize the first attempt on TEAS V or ATI TEAS for eligibility. The Spring 2017 cohort and all subsequent new cohorts will be required to take ATI TEAS. If the ATI TEAS composite score is below 62% the student is not eligible for admission. Points are awarded as follows:
|ATI Teas Composite Score||Points||English Score
Adjusted Individual Score)
|<62%||Not eligible for admission||<65%||0|
(Adjusted Individual Score)
(Adjusted Individual Score)
Adjusted Individual Score)
What do I do if I did not meet the ATI TEAS success score of 62.0% or above?
If your score on the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam, did not meet the STATE mandated minimum success score of 62.0%, you will need to meet with a nursing counselor to develop and outline your remediation plan to address this specific issue and to give you a date by which the plan must be completed. Please contact the Counseling Office at 805-289-6448 to schedule an appointment with a nursing counselor. Remediation plans may ONLY be developed by a nursing counselor. You will be required to bring a copy of your ATI TEAS test results to the appointment, and failure to do so will result in having to reschedule. Your application is going to be removed from the applicant pool and not be added to the eligibility wait list.
Applicants must meet the success score on the first attempt or must remediate . The nursing program reviews multiple components of the applicant's ATI TEAS score as part of the application process. Composite scores below 62% require that the student complete specific remediation plans prior to admission to the nursing program. Students who do not meet the mandated success score must schedule an appointment with a nursing counselor to discuss remediation and retesting requirements. Please bring a copy of your ATI TEAS results and the letter from the School of Nursing when meeting with the nursing counselor. Remediation plans must be completed by the date assigned by the School of Nursing.
Note: Deferral of admission is not allowed for incomplete remediation.