All first year students must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a First-Time College Student with no prior college experience.
- Complete FYE Application.
- Students are required to enroll in one of the following courses:
- COUN V01-College Success (3 units)
- COUN V02-Career Exploration & Life Planning (3 units)
- COUN V03-College Orientation course (1 unit)
- EAC V01-Strategies for Success in College & Life (3 units)
- ENGR V01-Introducton to Engineering (3 units)
- Students must complete Student Success Checklist (Online Orientation, Self-Placement for Math & English, Educational Plan).
- Students must enroll in English and Math during their first year at Ventura College. *
- Attend both dates of Arrival Survival in the summer.
- Meet with a FYE Counselor at least once each semester and complete an abbreviated (Fall Semester) and comprehensive (Spring Semester) educational plan.
- Accept and participate in the FYE Canvas page
- Maintain a 2.0+ GPA. Successfully complete the entire academic school year (Fall & Spring) by setting realistic educational goals during your first year.
- Complete FAFSA or California Dream Act for the current academic year.
* English and Math requirement can be waived if it is not required for student's educational goal at Ventura College. Must have this requirement cleared by FYE Counselor.
Please call 805-289-6438 or send an email message to email@example.com. if you have any questions.