Summer Arrival Survival
The FYE Arrival Survival is designed to assist incoming students with their transition to Ventura College. The Arrival Survival consists of an overview of the FYE program, structured time to engage with their peers, various workshops, and the chance for students to familiarize themselves with campus. Each new student will be assigned a Peer Leader that will assist with their transition throughout the year.
- Students will be transitioned to Ventura College through a process of informing, learning and, experiencing.
- Students will learn about the Portal, Canvas, and other tools necessary for their success.
- Students will become familiar with campus and available resources.
- Students will understand and be empowered to utilize campus resources.
- Students will be able to establish and sustain academic and professional relationships.