Landing an interview means you are one step closer to getting the job!
Interviews can be stressful, however there are many way to effectively prepare for the interview and ease your nerves before the big day. Remember, the interview is all about your verbal and nonverbal communication and how you will communicate who you are, the skills and assets you bring to the table, and the reasons why you are the right candidate.
Interview preparation strategies:
- Know yourself and be ready to explain why you are interested in this particular position.
- Know the position requirements and be familiar with the company & the field.
- Review potential interview questions and the STAR method of responding to behavior interview questions.
- Practice, practice, practice! With friends, colleagues, or make an appointment with the Career Development Center to prepare for your interview and practice through a mock interview.
- Prepare a brief list of questions for you to ask the interviewer(s).
- Follow-up with your interviewer(s) after the interview with a thank you note or email.
Watch the following videos: