Landing an interview means you are one step closer to getting the job!
Interviews can be stressful, however there are many ways to effectively prepare and ease your nerves before the big day! ***Remember, the interview It is all about your verbal and nonverbal communication and how you will communicate who you are, the skills and assets you bring to the table, and the reasons why you are the right candidate.
Interview Preparation Strategies:
- Know yourself and be ready to explain why you are interested in this particular position
- Know the requirements and become familiar with the company & the field
- Review potential interview questions and the STAR method of responding to behavior interview questions
- Practice, practice, practice! With friends, colleagues, or make an appointment with the Career Center to prepare and practice through a mock interview
- Prepare a brief list of questions for you to ask the interviewer(s)
- Follow-up with with a thank you note or email to the interviewer(s)
Practice on Your Own with Our New Mock Interview Recording Software, 'Big Interview' :
Register with Big Interview!
Tutorial Videos: Getting Started with Big Interview
Watch the following videos:
The Biggest Interview Mistakes
How to Ace Your Face-to-Face
Dress for Success videos