Looking for an Internship, Part-time or Full-time Job?
Top Ways to Find Opportunities
VCCCD's Exclusive Online Job Board
Registered students - access the job board by signing into your MyVCCCD student portal, then click on 'Job Board-Career Center' under Student QuickLinks.
Advantages to using Ventura College's job board:
- Many of the listings are posted just for viewing by Ventura Community College district-wide students, which means less competition for the positions
- The job board is managed by the Career Development Center staff who personally refer employers to the site based on our academic programs
What else can you do with the job board?
- Store resumes, cover letters, and other professional documents
- View a calendar of upcoming events including workshops and employer info sessions hosted by the Career Development Center
- See which employers are coming to career fairs
- Use the career exploration resources to help you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore
Search & apply to on-campus jobs through VCCCD:
General Job Search Sites
Local, State & Government Sites
- City of Ventura Human Resources
Employment opportunities in City of Ventura.
- County of Ventura Human Resources Division
Massive listing for employment in the County of Ventura. Multiple opportunities listed. Updated weekly.
- Volunteer Ventura County
California State job data base developed in conjunction with the Employment Development Department. Includes regional job search, online resume submission. Also available in Spanish.
- USA Jobs Official hiring website of the Federal Government, this site contains job posting and information on hiring paths.
Staffing or Employment Agencies
Consider using an employment agency to expand your job search. Many companies use employment agencies or staffing services to do their initial screening for jobs, especially if the organization lacks its own in-house Human Resource department. The available opportunities range from temporary (or temp-to-hire) positions, to entry level positions, to senior level management.
Criteria for Choosing an Employment Agency
- The cost for the service is charged to the employer not the job seeker
- The agency specializes in career areas of interest
- Agency has a good reputation and uses a comprehensive screening/matching process
- Agency offers a clear contractual understanding of compensation/benefits
Staffing agencies with local branches:
Other agencies used by recent grads include: