Student Learning Outcomes Advisory
Membership: Jack Bennett, Phillip Briggs, Philip Clinton, Marcelino de Cierdo, Maureen Eliot, Deanna Hall, William Hart, Kim Hoffmans, Andrea Horigan, Tatiana Juarez, Alex Kolesnik, Peter Sezzi, Brent Wilson, Lynn Wright, Jenchi Wu
Co-Chairs: Nathan Cole, Phillip Briggs
Meetings: Monthly, 2nd Tuesday, 3:30-5:00 p.m., MCW-312
Charge: The Student Learning Outcomes Advisory will be responsible for monitoring the progress and evaluating the quality of Student Learning Outcomes and Service Unit Outcomes on campus. The committee will create an annual report of SLO and SUO progress.
The Function of the Committee is to:
- Provide vision and leadership for outcomes-based assessment.
- Develop a plan and timeline for the development and assessment of Student Learning Outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate the process of assessing Student Learning Outcomes for courses, programs, and services, including:
- The progress and development of Student Learning Outcomes
- The Means of Assessment
- The Summary of Data collected from assessment efforts
- The Use of Results for improvement.
- Recommend to the College Planning Council (CPC) improvements to the SLO process.
- Publicize improvements made by departments.
- Document efforts and results for Accreditation.
- Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Equity
- 2 SLO Facilitators
- 1 Academic Dean
- Faculty representatives from all academic divisions (minimum 6 reps)
- 2 Student Services representatives
- 2 Classified Staff from varying areas
- 1 DE representative
- 1 Student representative
- VP of Academic Affairs (optional)
Agendas & Minutes
Student Learning Outcomes Advisory (2016-2018)
The Student Learning Outcomes Advisory will be responsible for monitoring the progress and evaluating the quality of Student Learning Outcomes and Service Unit Outcomes on campus. The committee will create an annual report of SLO and SUO progress.
|Sept 12, 2017||Oct 10, 2017||Nov 7, 2017||Dec 12, 2017||Jan 9, 2018||Feb 13, 2018||Mar 13, 2018||Apr 10, 2018||May 8, 2018|
2016 - 2017
|Sept 13, 2016||Oct 11, 2016||Nov 8, 2016||Jan 10, 2017||Feb 14, 2017||Mar 23, 2017||Apr 11, 2017|
Student Learning Outcomes Committee (2011-2016)
The Student Learning Outcomes Committee will be responsible for monitoring the progress and evaluating the quality of Student Learning Outcomes on campus. The committee will create an annual report of SLO progress.
|September 8, 2015||October 13, 2015||November 10, 2015||January 12, 2016||February 9, 2016||March 8, 2016|
|September 9, 2014||October 14, 2014||November 11, 2014||February 10, 2015||March 10, 2015||April 14, 2015|
|September 10, 2013||October 8, 2013||November 7, 2013||January 14, 2014||February 11, 2014||March 11, 2014||April 8, 2014|
|September 11, 2012||October 9, 2012||November 13, 2012||February 5, 2013||March 6, 2013||April 9, 2013|
|September 13, 2011||October 11, 2011||December 13, 2011||January 17, 2012||February 14, 2012||March 19, 2012||April 10, 2012||May 8, 2012|
Student Learning Outcomes Oversight Group (SLOOG) 2010-2011
The Student Learning Outcomes Oversight Group was a task force charged with developing a campus-wide process for the development and assessment of student learning outcomes. The task force created forms, toolkits, committee structures, processes, provided training, and set up the depository for storage of documentation. SLOOG remained in place until the Student Learning Outcomes Committee took charge in August 2011. Members were appointed by the College President and included three deans, the Academic Senate President, three faculty members, and a supervisor.
Members: Kathy Scott, Dean; Peter Sezzi, Academic Senate President; Gwendolyn Lewis-Huddleston, Dean; David Oliver, Dean; Scott Corbett, Faculty; Ty Gardner, Faculty; Salomen Pourmoghim, Faculty; Sandy Hajas, Learning Resources Supervisor
|November 1, 2010||November 20, 2010||December 14, 2010||January 18, 2011||February 9, 2011||February 23, 2011||March 9, 2011||April 6, 2011|