Visit our Math & English placement website for the latest information
- Noncredit Students: Do not need to complete this step
- Click here to view an informational video about the AB705 Initiative and what it means for students
Congratulations! You're ready for English V01A, the required writing class for all associate's degrees and for transfer. You can do it! But if you don't feel ready yet, you can take one of our super-supported English V01A classes. These classes are especially designed to have a friendly, supportive, and helpful classroom environment, so that you can succeed.
Find a class that works for you. We have a large selection of classes to meet your personal preference. We offer fully in-person classes, hybrid classes (combination of online and in-person), and fully online classes.
Welcome to VC Math department! We have a variety of math courses that you can choose from, based primarily on your career goals. The following site can walk you through some questions about your goals to help you determine just the right math class for you: Math department self-placement page.
If you prefer a brief overview:
- B-STEM careers normally start with Math V04 (College Algebra)
- Liberal Arts careers normally start with Math V40 (Math for the Liberal Arts)
- Humanities normally start with Math V44 (Introduction to Statistics)
- Elementary Ed Teachers will begin with Math V38 (Math for the Elementary School Teacher)
Most of these courses offer a support option (an additional J course) for you to have extra support and review time with your instructor.