CSU Admissions Requirements:
Minimum Transfer Eligibility Requirements:
60 CSU-transferable units
30 GE CSU-transferable units, completed with grades of "C-" or better, which must include:
All of Area A (Speech, English, Critical Thinking)
Area B4 (Math)
*Minimum 2.0 GPA
Ventura College's local service area for CSU campuses: Channel Islands and Northridge.
CSU universities outside of the local service area will require a higher GPA for admission, consult the Transfer Center and/or meet with a counselor.
Note: Majority of CSU campuses do not accept summer courses. There are a few exceptions. Most CSU campuses require all course work to be completed by end of spring semester in order to satisfy fall admission requirements.
Transfer Center assists students to develop major and campus specific academic plans to make students a priority to transfer.
To make an appointment, call the Transfer Center at (805) 289-6411.
- Transfer Requirements
- CSU General Education
- IGETC Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum
CSU Associate Degrees for Transfer information:
Look on A degree with a Guarantee to find a CSU with an Approved Similar Major
STEP 1. Go to the A degree with a Guarantee and click on Degrees
STEP 2. Click on Find your path
STEP 3. Select search by Major of Interest, CCC College and CSU Campus — and then submit.
After you review the information on these pages, visit the Counseling and/or Transfer Center to learn more about how the joint transfer program can help you achieve your educational goals.
CSU system information:
- 23 campuses
- Approximately 427,000 students
- The largest, the most diverse, and one of the most affordable university systems in the country
- Offers more than 1,800 bachelor's and master's degree programs in some 357 subject areas
- Practical focus, emphasizing teacher and workforce preparation
- Undergraduate and graduate instruction is offered in the liberal arts and sciences, the applied fields, and the professions
- Awards about half of the bachelor's degrees and a third of the master's degrees granted in California.