Log onto your free online student health magazine for this month's issue.
Food and Fitness Tips
- Sleep away sickness
- 6 Strategies To Make Healthy Eating Easier
- Moscow Mule Mocktails
- Reach your fitness goals with pyramid training
- Easy and healthy breakfast ideas
- Free home workout programs - No equipment necessary
Free/Low Cost Events to Keep You & Your Community Healthy and F.I.T.
- Check out this link for fun runs and fitness events in Ventura County
- Hike a local trail
- Visit your farmer's market for fresh sustainable food
- Ride your bike on a local bike trail for some great outdoor exercise and fun
Mind, Body & Soul
Maintaining a Healthy Weight:
- Eat 5 small balanced meals a day consisting of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Find your Caloric Balance
- Catch some Zzzzzz's. Studies show that people who get at least 7 hours of sleep are more successful at maintaining a healthy weight.
- Don't fight the stress of balancing school, work and a social life with eating. Eating won't help the stress go away. Take a break and go for a walk or a bike ride instead.
- Choose water over a sugary drink.
- Have some fun and stay active! Just 20 minutes a day can make a big difference.
Ways to Keep Stress From Stressing You Out:
- Get enough sleep
- Try Breathing exercises, meditation, Prayer, Tai Chi, or Yoga
- Take a break and get some exercise.
- Make time for hobbies and interests.
- Spend time with the people you love.
- Take time to laugh and giggle.
- Share your feelings and talk to a counselor or friend. We have counselors at the health center and it's free! All you need to do is call and make an appointment (805) 289-6346.