Ventura College Graduation Ceremony - 2019
The 2019 Ventura College Commencement Ceremony will take place on Friday, May 17, 2019 at 10:00 AM at the Ventura College Sportsplex (VCS).
Application for Graduation:
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 at Noon - Fall Graduation Application Deadline
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 at Noon - Spring Graduation Application Deadline
- Friday, April 5, 2019 - Deadline for Summer Graduation applicants who wish to participate in the May 2019 ceremony.
- See Counseling for information.
TICKETS AND RSVP FOR GRADUATION ARE REQUIRED
- Prospective graduates will receive an email from Eventbrite during the week of April 12, 2019 to access the RSVP/ticket site.
- Please note: The 2019 Commencement Ceremony is celebrating graduates from Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 (who applied by April 5th)
- You may only access the site once. Be sure to reserve all of your tickets at this time.
- How-To Guide for Reserving Graduation Tickets
- Maps for Graduation
GRADUATION DAY – MAY 17:
- Graduates will need to bring a photo ID in order to be checked in.
- Graduates must wear regalia and should check-in at 8:30 a.m. in the upper lobby of the Athletic Event Center.
- Guests with tickets may enter the Sportsplex beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Graduates should not wear pointy high heels, as this may be a safety concern on the field.
- Helium balloons are not permitted in the Sportsplex.
- For additional information/questions regarding the ceremony, contact the Student Activities Office at 805-289-6487 or email VCGraduationInformation@vcccd.edu.
Guests Without Tickets:
Guests without tickets (and guests who prefer air conditioning and soft seating) may watch the live-stream of the ceremony in the Performing Arts Center. Viewing the ceremony from the Performing Arts Center is highly recommended for guests who may be sensitive to heat and sun.
Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
Guests are encouraged to park in West Parking Lot (MAP) or street parking near campus. Parking permits are not required on the day of Graduation.
The V Lot will be reserved for vehicles displaying a Department of Motor Vehicles disabled person's plate or placard.
Guests with Mobility Restrictions:
Those with elderly and/or disabled guests can park in the lower parking lot near the Child Development Center. The College will be offering shuttle service from this parking lot ONLY to the front entrance to the Sportsplex. Inside the Sportsplex, the lower rows will be reserved for elderly and/or disabled guests plus one additional guest. Each guest must have a ticket to enter.
- We webcast the commencement ceremonies live each year. Archives of previous webcasts are also available.