Ventura College Graduation Ceremony - 2019
The 2019 Ventura College Commencement Ceremony will take place on Friday, May 17, 2019 at 10:00 AM at the Ventura College Sportsplex (VCS).
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR GRADUATION:
- Fall 2018 Graduation Application Deadline is Thursday, November 1, 2018 at Noon
- Spring 2019 Graduation Application Deadline is Thursday, March 7, 2019 at Noon
- Summer 2019 Graduation Application Deadline is Thursday, June 27, 201
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY PARTICIPATION DEADLINE:
- If you wish to participate in the May 2019 Commencement Ceremony, you must apply to graduate by Friday, April 5, 2019.
- Participation includes having your name in the printed program, the opportunity to reserve tickets for your guests, and walking in the processional.
- See Counseling for information.
- Summer 2019 applicants who apply for Graduation AFTER April 5, 2019, may participate in the May 2019 Graduation Ceremony but their names will not be included in the printed program nor will they have access to tickets for their guests. Guests without tickets may be accommodated in the overflow seating located in the Performing Arts Center or Applied Science Center. (See “Guests Without Tickets” below)
TICKETS AND RSVP FOR GRADUATION ARE REQUIRED
- Prospective graduates will receive an email from Eventbrite during the week of April 12, 2019 to access the RSVP/ticket site.
- Each graduate may reserve up to four (4) tickets.
- Instructions on ordering your tickets
- You may only access the site once. Be sure to reserve all of your tickets at this time.
- Maps for Graduation
GRADUATION DAY – MAY 17:
- Graduates will need to bring a photo ID in order to be checked in.
- Graduates must wear regalia and should check-in at 8:30 a.m. in the upper lobby of the Athletic Event Center.
- Graduation day is typically hot and sunny! Sunglasses, sunscreen, and drinking plenty of water is encouraged.
- Guests with tickets may enter the Sportsplex beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Please encourage your guests who may be sensitive to the sun and heat as well as those who may be uncomfortable sitting in stadium seating to view the ceremony from the Performing Arts Center or Applied Science Center via live streaming.
- Graduates should not wear pointy high heels, as this may be a safety concern on the field.
- Helium balloons are not permitted in the Sportsplex.
- For additional information/questions regarding the ceremony, contact the Student Activities Office at 805-289-6487 or email VCGraduationInformation@vcccd.edu.
Guests Without Tickets:
Guests without tickets (and all guests who prefer air conditioning and soft seating) may watch the live-stream of the ceremony in the Performing Arts Center or in the Applied Science Center. Viewing the ceremony from either of these venues is highly recommended for guests who may be sensitive to heat and sun.
Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
Guests are encouraged to park in West Parking Lot (MAP) or street parking near campus. Parking permits are not required on the day of Graduation.
The V Lot will be reserved for vehicles displaying a Department of Motor Vehicles disabled person's plate or placard.
Guests with Mobility Restrictions:
Those with elderly and/or guests with disabilities in vehicles displaying a Department of Motor Vehicles disabled person’s plate or placard should park in the V Lot. You may also park in the lower parking lot near the Child Development Center. The College will be offering shuttle service from this parking lot ONLY to the front entrance to the Sportsplex. Inside the Sportsplex, the lower rows will be reserved for elderly and/or guests with disabilities plus one additional guest. Each guest must have a ticket to enter. We strongly encourage anyone with sun or heat sensitivities and those for whom stadium seating will be uncomfortable to view the ceremony from the Performing Arts Center or Applied Science Center.
- We webcast the commencement ceremonies live each year. Archives of previous webcasts are also available.