Ventura College Graduation Ceremony - 2020
The 2020 Ventura College Commencement Ceremony will take place on Friday, May 15, 2020 at 10:00 AM at the Ventura College Sportsplex (VCS).
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR GRADUATION:
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 at Noon - Fall Graduation Application Deadline
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 at Noon - Spring Graduation Application Deadline
- See Counseling for information.
APPLY FOR GRADUATION:
The Fall 2019 Graduation Application is available now. Deadline for completion is Thursday, October 31 at noon. (12pm)
HOW to APPLY for GRADUATION:
- Make sure official AP scores and transcripts from each college and university you have attended are on file with Admissions and Records .
- The graduation application must be completed with an Academic Counselor.
- Make an appointment with a counselor to apply for graduation. 4. Appointments can be made in person at the Information Desk (SSC Building) or by calling 805.289.6448
- Counseling Department office hours (SSC Building) Monday - Thursday, 8am - 7pm, Fridays, 8am - 5pm
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY PARTICIPATION DEADLINE:
- If you wish to participate in the May 2020 Commencement Ceremony, you must apply to graduate by Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Participation includes having your name in the printed program, the opportunity to reserve tickets for your guests, and walking in the processional.
- See Counseling for information.
- Summer 2020 applicants who apply for graduation after April 3, 2020 may participate in the May 2020 Commencement Ceremony but their names will not be included in the printed program nor will they have access to tickets for their guests. (See “Guests Without Tickets” below.)
TICKETS AND RSVP FOR GRADUATION ARE REQUIRED
- Prospective graduates will receive an email from Eventbrite during the week of April 6, 2020 to access the RSVP/ticket site.
- Each graduate may reserve up to four (4) tickets. Tickets are for your guests; the graduate does not need a ticket.
- You may only access the site once. Be sure to reserve all of your tickets at this time.
- Map for Graduation
GRADUATION DAY – MAY 15:
- Graduates will need to bring a photo ID in order to be checked in.
- Graduates must wear regalia and should check-in at 8:30 a.m. in the upper lobby of the Athletic Event Center.
- Graduation day is typically hot and sunny! Sunglasses, sunscreen, and drinking plenty of water is encouraged.
- Guests with tickets may enter the Sportsplex beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Please encourage your guests who may be sensitive to the sun and heat as well as those who may be uncomfortable sitting in stadium seating to view the ceremony from the Performing Arts Center or Applied Science Center via live streaming.
- Graduates should not wear pointy high heels, as this may be a safety concern on the field.
- Helium balloons and beach balls are not permitted in the Sportsplex.
- For additional information/questions regarding the ceremony, contact the Student Activities Office at 805-289-6487 or email VCGraduationInformation@vcccd.edu.
Guests Without Tickets:
Guests without tickets (and all guests who prefer air conditioning and soft seating) may watch the live-stream of the ceremony in the Performing Arts Center or in the Applied Science Center. Viewing the ceremony from either of these venues is highly recommended for guests who may be sensitive to heat and sun.
Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
Guests are encouraged to park in West Parking Lot (MAP) or street parking near campus. Parking permits are not required on the day of Graduation.
The V Lot will be reserved for vehicles displaying a Department of Motor Vehicles disabled person’s plate or placard.
Guests with Mobility Restrictions:
Those with elderly and/or guests with disabilities in vehicles displaying a Department of Motor Vehicles disabled person’s plate or placard should park in the V Lot. You may also park in the lower parking lot near the Child Development Center. The College will be offering shuttle service from this parking lot ONLY to the front entrance to the Sportsplex. Inside the Sportsplex, the lower rows will be reserved for elderly and/or guests with disabilities plus one additional guest. Each guest must have a ticket to enter. We strongly encourage anyone with sun or heat sensitivities and those for whom stadium seating will be uncomfortable to view the ceremony from the Performing Arts Center or Applied Science Center.