Ventura College 2020 Commencement Has Been Canceled
If you are scheduled to graduate this semester, your applications are being processed by VC staff. At this time we do not anticipate any delays with this process or with conferring your degree or certificate.
We are all very sad, however, to announce that the 2020 Commencement Ceremony has been canceled. This decision was not made lightly and is for the consideration of everyone's safety. We appreciate your understanding and are available to answer any questions you may have.
The 2020 Ventura College Commencement Ceremony at the Ventura College Sportsplex was canceled due to Covid-19.
APPLY FOR DEGREE or CERTIFICATE COMPLETION:
- If you haven't already, make sure OFFICIAL AP SCORES, (Advanced Placement examinations on which a student scored 3 or higher) and OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS from each college and university you have attended are on file with Admissions and Records.
- The Degree/Certificate Completion Application must be completed in person with an Academic Counselor.
- Make an appointment with a counselor to apply for Degree/Certificate Completion in person at the Information Desk (SSC Building) or by calling 805.289.6448
- Counseling Department office hours (SSC Building) Monday & Tuesday 7:45am - 6pm, Wednesday & Thursday 7:45am - 5pm and Fridays, 7:45am - 1pm
The 2020 Ventura College Commencement Ceremony will take place on Friday, May 15, 2020 at 10:00 AM at the Ventura College Sportsplex
- Graduates will need to bring a photo ID in order to be checked in.
- Graduates must wear regalia and should check-in at 8:30am in the upper lobby of the Athletic Event Center.
- Graduation day is typically hot and sunny! Sunglasses, sunscreen, and drinking plenty of water is encouraged.
- Guests with tickets may enter the Sportsplex beginning at 8:30am
- Please encourage your guests who may be sensitive to the sun and heat as well as those who may be uncomfortable sitting in stadium seating to remotely view the ceremony from the Performing Arts Center or Applied Science Center via live streaming.
- Graduates should not wear pointy high heels, as this may be a safety concern on the field.
- Helium balloons and beach balls are not permitted in the Sportsplex.
- For additional information/questions regarding the ceremony, contact the Student Activities Office at 805-289-6487 or email VCGraduationInformation@vcccd.edu.
Guests are encouraged to park in West Parking Lot (See map) or street parking near campus. Parking permits are not required on the day of Graduation.
Ventura College, 4667 Telegraph Road, Ventura, CA 93003
Guests with Mobility Restrictions:
Those with elderly and/or guests with disabilities in vehicles displaying a Department of Motor Vehicles disabled person’s plate or placard should park in the V Lot. You may also park in the lower parking lot near the Child Development Center. The College will be offering shuttle service from this parking lot ONLY to the front entrance to the Sportsplex. Inside the Sportsplex, the lower rows will be reserved for elderly and/or guests with disabilities plus one additional guest. Each guest must have a ticket to enter. We strongly encourage anyone with sun or heat sensitivities and those for whom stadium seating will be uncomfortable to view the ceremony remotely from the Performing Arts Center (PAC) or Applied Science Center (ASC).
REMOTE ON-CAMPUS VIEWING OF COMMENCEMENT
Guests without tickets (and all guests who prefer air conditioning and soft seating) may watch the live-stream of the ceremony in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) or in the Applied Science Center ASC). Viewing the ceremony from these venues is highly recommended for guests who may be sensitive to heat and sun. Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
LIVE WEB STREAMING OF COMMENCEMENT
Live Commencement Webcast: