CALL US TO REGISTER TODAY!
Program Purpose: Students who complete the Paramedic Studies Program will be prepared to work as paramedics with specific knowledge of the paramedic profession, proficient skills, sound theoretical rationale, and critical thinking skills which will provide the basis for decision making and success in the workplace. Students will participate in classroom, hospital and field settings. All courses in the program will promote the integration of all aspects of the paramedic industry with critical thinking, competence in oral and written communication and applied math and problem-solving.
Program Description: The Ventura College Paramedic Studies program is the only program fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in Ventura County. Successful completion of the program will allow students to sit for the National Registry licensing examination and then gain employment in the wide range of public and private agencies who incorporate the advanced life support skills of a paramedic into their needs.
For further information, please click on the links below. If you have additional questions please call the School of Prehospital and Emergency Medicine at 805-289-6364,
or you can reach Thomas O’Connor, Paramedic Program Director at email@example.com or 805-289-6367.
Current Health forms are available from the course instructors or the Health Sciences Office.
Scholarship Opportunities for Paramedic Students
Michael A. DiRaimondo Foundation Scholarship Fund - Deadline to apply is January 26, 2020
Ventura College Foundation Paramedic Scholarship Program - Opens October 2020
- Occupational Overview
- Cost Estimate
- Catalog description of individual courses
- Emergency Medical Technology
- Functional Job Analysis
- Program SLO
- Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) and Mapping
- Course Student Learning Outcomes by Course
Paramedic Studies Advisory Committee - Meeting Minutes:
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 10 - 2016
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 08-17-2015
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 12-05-2014
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 11-01-2013
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes- 10-19-2012
In accordance with CoAEMSP disclosure requirements, the Ventura College Paramedic Program reports the following information on its students:
- National Registry of EMTs Written and Practical Examination pass rate, 2016-2018: 96.4%
- Retention rate (percentage of students that graduated from the program), 2016-2018: 77.5%
- Positive placement (percentage of students employed as paramedics), 2016-2018: 100%
The Ventura College School of Prehospital and Emergency Medicine is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
To Contact CoAEMSP:
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
8301 Lakeview Parkway
Rowlett, TX 75088
(214) 703-8445 phone
(214) 703-8992 fax