Announcement: STEM Harbor will be closed as follows for the upcoming holiday season:
November 22-24, 2023
December 18, 2023-January 5, 2023
The STEM Harbor is a study area for students registered in STEM courses, STEM majors, or students interested in exploring STEM majors and careers. STEM Harbor is located in Science and Mathematics Building (SCI) 223.
The STEM Harbor is a community for small group study sessions and meetings with STEM faculty and Navigators during scheduled or drop-in hours. STEM Harbor intentionally centers student engagement, retention, and course success and cultivates the intrinsic capabilities and assets historically marginalized students bring to STEM. Our supportive, culturally informed, and affirming STEM Success Team is committed to ensuring equitable academic, transfer, and career outcomes for Latine/a/o and historically marginalized STEM students.
- Peer mentoring
- Office hours with STEM faculty
- Group and 1-1 study/review sessions
- Free snacks provided by the VC Basic Needs Center
- Limited printing with staff approval
- School supplies
- Good positive vibes!
STEM Harbor Goals:
- Engage students in a STEM community that centers culturally inclusive messaging and contributes to students’ sense of belonging and sense of academic self-concept.
- Develop access to resources like tutoring and faculty office hours to support course success and increase degree completion and transfer.
Service Unit Outcomes (SUO):
- STEM Harbor will support students’ academic success by facilitating skill development for the various STEM courses.
- STEM Harbor will facilitate a positive learning environment for STEM students.