Steps to Request an Academic Counseling Appointment

All appointments may be scheduled in-person or via phone by calling the VRC at (805) 289-6060. Please let the individual scheduling your appointment know your preference in modality (ex. phone, zoom, or in person appt).

New Students or Returning Students

Ensure your Student Checklist is fully completed. This list includes the following:

  • If you are a veteran, the school must have your JSTs.
  • The school must have received all of your external transcripts, if any.
  • Once you receive confirmation that your transcripts have been received, you will receive an emailed notification to your student myvcccd email.
  • Upon receipt, please send a transcript review request via portal email to: Ensure your full name and 900# are included in the Subject Line of your request. In the email request, please note your intended major at Ventura College and whether you are planning to use benefits. If you know which benefit you will be using, please indicate.

    Note: It can take up to two weeks for the school to upload your transcripts, where they are available to be reviewed by the Veterans Counselor, Vanessa Chacon.
  • The Academic Counselor will either call you or reach out via email to instruct you to set up a 45-minute appointment, by contacting the VRC at (805) 289-6060.
  • You may register for classes after your counseling appointment, where the counselor has created a Comprehensive Education Plan.

Continuing Students

  • Please contact the VRC at (805) 289-6060. Provide your 900#.
  • Please provide the reason(s) for your appointment, if you are planning to use benefits, and any other relevant information. This information will be put in your appointment notes, and enables the counselor time to better prepare and meet your needs.

Active-Duty Students Using Tuition Assistance

Submit your TA approval to the Student Business Office. They may be contacted at (805) 289-6488.

It is recommended that service members speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling at Ventura College.