*****EFFECTIVE MONDAY MARCH 16, 2020*****
*****All INQUIRIES AND APPOINTMENTS WILL BE BY PHONE OR EMAIL ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*****
Please email email@example.com
Process for applicants outside the U.S. intending to obtain F-1 status
- Submit the application documents listed on the checklist on the Apply for Admission page.
- Receive* the certificate of eligibility (I-20 form) for F-1 status.
- Pay the SEVIS fee to the U.S. Government either through the online services at https://www.fmjfee.com/ or in person at the U.S. embassy.
- Schedule a visa interview appointment with the U.S. embassy.
- Attend the visa interview appointment.
- Make travel plans, arrive in the U.S., obtain a stamp on the arrival departure form (I-94 form), and obtain student status for the duration of your studies in the U.S.
- Check in at Ventura College International Students Office
- Attend the Mandatory New Student Orientation for the semester you have applied for, and register for classes - at least 12 units (at least 9 traditional units). Payment for classes is required at the time of registration.
- Begin your studies at Ventura College and purchase books and class supplies as needed. In order to maintain your F-1 student status, you must remain continuously enrolled in at least 12 units for the entire semester.
*Ventura College and the International Student Office will evaluate your application materials and, if complete, will issue the acceptance letter. It will also offer the I-20 form for outside-the-country and change-of-status applicants. This provides the authorization needed for student visa or change-of-status application. This applicant will also receive a letter of acceptance and more information regarding the visa interview and possible arrival in the U.S. as an international student.