The recently passed federal CARES Act includes funds for students to help with immediate needs related to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis.
- The CARES Act's primary focus is to support students whose lives and educational pathways have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ventura College has been allocated $4,581,538, and has certified with the U.S. Department of Education that $2,290,769 will go directly to students.
- In addition Ventura College $150,000 of the Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) CARES funds will go directly to students.
- Over 3,700 students at Ventura College may be eligible to apply for a grant.
- During Summer 2020, Ventura College disbursed $344,000 to 344 students.
- During Fall 2020, Ventura College disbursed $1,569,750 to students to 2,496 students.
- During Spring 2021, Ventura College disbursed $40,250 to 41 students.
- As of January 17, 2021, Ventura College has a total of disbursed $2,247,750 to 2,869 students.
The CARES Act Emergency Grant program has limited funding. Eligible students will be awarded grants on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as funds remain available.