Innovation Cognitive Achievement Network / Journey Overcoming Barriers
The I-CAN/JOB program is designed to build essential employment skills, including the “soft skills” that employers desire and value most. Students will:
- demonstrate appropriate social skills and optimal workplace behavior
- demonstrate appropriate communication skills for the workplace
- apply computer, personal finance, and technological skills to the workplace
This program does not lead to a specific career pathway, however, it prepares students to be valuable employees who are prepared with the skills employers most desire.
Required Core Courses include:
- CDLN101 - Personal / Social / Vocational Skills
- EACN132 - Job Seeking Skills
Select one (1) additional course below:
- ACT N102 - Keyboarding skills
- CDL N103 - Mathematics for Work
- ATET N108 - (Optional) Safety in the Workplace
This program is provided in a non-credit format transformative curriculum, allowing students to take the courses and complete the certificate without the expense of college tuition. This could be just one of many short-term vocational COC offerings that will bridge the college to career divide.
Certificate of Completion is recognized by the State of California Chancellors Office
Following completion of this program, students may continue into an educational pathway leading to a Certificate of Achievement or Associates Degree in the career of their choice.
Contact Steven Turner
Phone: (805) 289-6415