Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Teaching
The world of education is changing as a new Pk-3 Credential is in development. For students starting out on their educational journey, if you are considering teaching in a school district in a TK, ETK, UPK classroom (working with children 3-5 years old in school districts) in the future, we encourage you to get your 24 units of Early Childhood Education classes.
For Multi-Subject Credential Teachers returning to school to meet the requirements needed to work in TK, ETK, UPK classrooms, below are recommended courses for you to consider taking. Please contact Rachel Johnson or Deanna Hall for more information.
Course recommendations include:
- CD V63 Introduction to Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- CD V22 Behavior Management
- CD V02 Child Growth and Development
- CD V04/04L Observation and Assessment
- CD V05 Teaching in a Diverse Society