Questions about your GI Bill® Education Benefits?
- Visit our GI Bill® Benefits page
Am I eligible for Financial Aid in conjunction with my GI Bill® Educational Benefits?
- Yes. The VRC staff encourages every student to apply for Financial Aid while using GI Bill® Educational Benefits.
Are Military transcripts accepted?
- Yes, the Military transcript will be evaluated by the Academic Counselor, and you can discuss how the units will be applied.
What happens if I am deployed while I am attending college?
- A military withdrawal can be applied.
- Students requesting military withdrawal must complete the Military Withdrawal Petition available on the Admissions & Records Forms page.
- Military withdrawal may be requested at any time upon the student's return to college.
- Military withdrawals shall not be counted as one of the three enrollment attempts allowed to achieve a passing grade, or in the calculation of academic progress for the determination of academic standing.
What is the CalVet Fee Waiver and how does it work?
- The College Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents benefit waives mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at any State of California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus. This program does not cover the expense of books, parking or room and board.
- Dependents of Veteran's may be eligible for the fee waiver under 4 different plans.
- To apply, compete the CalVet Fee Waiver application and submit it to the VA Office off Ralston.
- If you are awarded the CalVet Fee Waiver, you will receive a letter in the mail, and the VA will work directly with Ventura College Financial Aid to award you the waiver.
- If you have questions after you have received your award letter, please contact Financial Aid, (805) 289-6369.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.