The Learning Resource Center BEACH is open for Spring 2021, due to COVID-19 restrictions it will only be available via appointment. Students that are currently enrolled in a Ventura College course will be allowed to make a 2 hour daily appointment, same day appointment will be welcomed until the end of the semester. Student must first call or email the lab before coming onto campus. There are limited amount of computers that will be available for appointments every hour.
To book an appointment, please contact us:
Email address (Official Ventura College address only)
Date and time (Each appointment is 2 hours and starts on the hour)
Please take into consideration our operating hours when requesting an appointment. After hour requests, will not be replied to until the next business day. Do not come to the BEACH unless you have received a confirmation of your appointment either by email or phone by a staff member.
Notice: Strict COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures will be enforced to ensure student and staff safety, they can be found below.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures
- All Ventura College students are required to undergo a drive-thru COVID-19 screening process in the EAST LOT before entering any campus facility. You may get a reminder daily to complete the screening, but you only have to perform the screening if you are coming to campus.
- Students who make an appointment will be allowed access to the computer lab. We encourage students who are interested in using the computer lab to make an appointment in order to guarantee a spot.
- Social distancing should be followed in the computer lab. According to the Center for Disease Control, social distancing means remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance — approximately 6 feet or 2 meters from each other.
- The lab will be available only for the students who are currently enrolled in courses at the college.
- Face masks will be required to be worn at all times when inside the premises.
- No sharing electronic devices such as computers, mouse, keyboard, phones, or learning aids.
- No headphones, USB drives, calculators, phone charges will be available for checkout.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; covering your cough and sneeze; avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wipes and hand sanitizer are available in the lab for the students to sanitize their hands as they enter and leave the lab.
- Wash and sanitize your hands after removing gloves and carefully remove them as to not touch the exterior surfaces of the gloves.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Students are expected to maintain the seat layout in the lab and only leave their assign computer if needed to drink water, use restroom and or exist the premises.
- The phone in the information desk will be unavailable for the students.
- Printing stations will be unavailable.
- Due to COVID-19, we need to maintain the social distance between you and the staff in the computer lab. Staff will not be able to assist you on computer, but rather address concerns while maintaining proper social distancing.
- Using the Ventura College computer lab is an individual action. If you have any questions about a particular class, you need to contact your instructor.
- The current format is one student to one computer ratio, no group meetings or interaction with other students inside the lab will be allowed.
- Student must be working on schoolwork at all times.
- No food, snacks or drinks will be permitted inside the lab. Only water in a sealed container will be allowed.
FAILURE TO COMPLY CAN RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM LAB, FUTURE APPOINTMENTS DENIED, CAMPUS POLICE CALLED, BICT REPORT