- Maintain your F-1 Visa Status
As an F-1 status student admitted to the United States you must meet certain obligations set by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
- Have a valid passport at all times.
- Attend the school you are authorized to attend on your I-20.
- Carry a full course of study with a minimum of 12 units per semester (Fall and Spring).
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average or better. Failure to do so may put me on academic probation and/or potentially out of legal F1 immigration status.
- Limit employment, both on campus and off, to a total of 20 hours per week while school is in session.
- Refrain from off-campus employment without written authorization from USCIS or the school.
- Report a change of residence within 10 days of the change.
- An F-1 status student may not take more than one on-line class per semester.