To apply for CalWORKs you must visit the County of Ventura Human Services Agency website or call 1-866-904-9362.
- Eligibility for CalWORKs is determined by the County of Ventura Human Services Agency.
- Eligibility is not determined by the College CalWORKs office.
- Ventura College CalWORKs does not have access to county eligibility systems.
- We are a referral based program with our students being referred by the employment specialists.
Who is Eligible:
- TANF (cashaid) recipients who are receiving cash aid and have or are developing a Welfare-to-Work (WTW) plan that refers them to the college for education and training
- All clients require a referral from their county employment specialist for our services.
Who is Not Eligible:
- Students who are not receiving cash aid for themselves - only their children are receiving cash aid.
- Individuals on SSI (not receiving TANF cash aid)
- Students who are not receiving cash aid for themselves, only receiving food stamps.
- Former TANF recipients who have "timed-out" of the welfare system and are no longer eligible to receive cash aid.
- Tribal TANF participants.
- Sanctioned Students
- Sanction Student Policy: If a student has been sanctioned during a semester, services can be provided until the end of the semester; sanction must be cured by the end of the semester to continue for the next semester.