Goal Area: Social Justice, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (SIDE)
Lead efforts to close student equity and racial opportunity gaps, eliminate social injustices, and enhance student success by being on the SIDE of antiracism.
- Document Professional Development and One Campus, One Book learning opportunities and to develop shared understanding and definitions related to SIDE.
- Review and revise the VC Mission and Vision as needed to reflect SIDE.
- Examine college structures, including committees, related to creating opportunities for marginalized students improved success.
- Discuss and finalize plans for a facilities space for a Multicultural Center.
- Support and summarize efforts to hire diverse employees and college metrics related to hiring.
Ventura College Plan Related to Diversity 06.24.22