The Testing Center provides make-up exam services to students referred to the center by their course instructor. Students taking the exam in the Testing Center must provide the instructor’s name to the proctor, as well as a picture identification.
Students must schedule an appointment to take a test. They should plan to arrive 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment.
To schedule an testing appointment, students can use Testing Center Student Request Form or scan
Student Guide for Testing Center:
- Students using the Testing Center will be required to show picture identification to the proctor. Acceptable forms of identification include: Student ASB card, driver's license, state issued identification card, military identification, or passport. Students are encouraged to inform their instructors prior to the exam if this is an issue.
- All testing ends PROMPTLY 15 minutes before closing. Please arrive early to allow time to complete the exam.
- Only students scheduled to take exams will be allowed in the Testing Center while exams are in progress. The Testing Center staff cannot be responsible for children or adults who require care and supervision.
- All electronic devices must be turned off and cannot be visible.
- Pens, pencils, scantrons, blue books, or calculators will NOT be provided. Please come prepared to take your exam.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Testing Center staff will adhere strictly to the professor's written instructions. The Testing Center will not administer test on unauthorized days, allow the use of unauthorized aids, grant extra testing time, allow unauthorized breaks or allow you to make telephone calls.
- Only authorized materials are allowed during the exam. All purses, bags, or backpacks will be stored in the bins provided in the Testing Center.
- Please note that any use of unauthorized aids or the appearance of cheating of any kind will be cause for ending the test. The unfinished test will be returned and the circumstances reported to your instructor.
- Students needing special test accommodations should inform their instructor and contact the EAC Office to take their make-up exam.
The Testing Center will follow Ventura College’s policy for academic integrity and will report any evidence of or appearance of academic dishonesty to the instructor.
Service Unit Outcomes:
- Students will be able to identify Testing Center as a place to make-up missed exams.
- Students will find services provided in the Testing Center accessible and one that encourages student success.
- Students will find the Testing Center as comfortable and distraction free environment.
- Faculty will identify the Testing Center as compliant and one that handles exams with academic integrity meeting set testing standards.