Ventura College students may check out textbooks from this collection for the entire semester on a first-come, first-served basis. Students may also check the library online catalog to see if the library has their text in the collection. Books in this collection have the notation "Lending Library" as the shelf location. Frequently Asked Questions.
Textbook Lending Dates and Times:
- Lending Library starts Monday, May 22, 2017 for all summer classes at 7:30 a.m. to closing each day.
Day 1: Lending Library Application for Priority E-TIcket opens on Monday, May 15, 2017 and will close at mid-night Friday, August 4, 2017. Students must have a Priority E-Ticket to participate on Monday, August 7, 2017 anytime between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. No early waiting, anyone in line prior to 7 a.m. will have their Priority Ticket revoked.
- Log into your VCCCCD Student Portal
- Click on the "My College" tab and scroll to the "Quicklinks" section
- Click on "Scholarship Application"
- Locate the FREE Textbooks Fall 2017 Application and click on "Start Application"
- Submit your application & check to see that you've received a submission confirmation email.
Priority E-Tickets Day to check out books is Monday, August 7, 2017 anytime between (7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) E-Ticket required.
Day 2: No Ticket Day, Tuesday, August 8, 2017 anytime between (7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) no ticket required.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Must be a Ventura College Student - students will only be allowed to get textbooks for classes registered at Ventura College. No waitlisted courses accepted.
- Have any Photo Identification, have a "print-out" of his/her Class Schedule, and have a printed Textbook List from the VC Bookstore website.
- VC Enrolled Courses Only- One Copy Per Textbook, no duplicates--THREE TEXTBOOK LIMIT. Students will NOT be allowed to check out textbooks for courses enrolled at other colleges.
- No Holds - The library will not place books on hold for students.
- Students must be clear of overdue books and library fines and have no library obligations attached to their records. Students are encouraged to clear up their records of library fines or overdue books before lending library day.
- Students may not save places in line for family or friends. Students are asked to be respectful of others waiting in line.
- Only students will be allowed in the library during lending library hours. Students are asked not to bring friends or family members with them during the lending library hours as they will be asked to wait outside. Exceptions: students with disabilities.
- Patience and Cooperation is Appreciated. Thank you.
Due Dates and Fines:
- Textbook Lending Library books are due back on the LAST DAY OF FINALS of each semester.
- The overdue late charge is a $5.00 per day fine per book.
- A 24/7 drive up book drop is located at the flag pole near the Administration building and another is located at the west entrance of the LRC Building opposite the Student Services Center.
Donate to the Textbook Lending Program:
Textbook lending is generously supported by:
- Ventura College Foundation
- Title V Grant
- Associated Students of Ventura College
- Book Donations from Students and Faculty
Students may donate their used textbooks during Book Buy Back by dropping their used textbooks in the Library's Textbook Donation bin or by dropping them off at the library's circulation desk or by placing them in the book drop box.
Monetary donations may also be made through the Ventura College Foundation. The library and the foundation are always looking for partners to provide continued support for this program. The library would welcome a donation of any amount.
Phone: (805) 289-6482