The Modern Languages Department at Ventura College strongly encourages all students enrolling in Spanish, German, & French courses to first take the assessment test to determine the appropriate course level (There is NO assessment available for Italian, Japanese, & Sign Language.)
Students, please follow these steps to register and complete the WebCAPE requirement:
1. Follow the link to take the Language Assessment Test
2. Enter your information to register and create an account.
3. Once your information has been entered, click "Create Account".
4. Once the account has been created, click "Sign In" to proceed.
5. Sign in using the email address and password you just used to create your account. Be sure to save this login information in the event you need to access your account again. You can log back in at any time at webcape.truenorthtest.com.
6. After signing in, you will be brought to your Dashboard. From here, you can select the language(s) you would like to take by clicking on "Take Test" and proceeding through the exam.
If you have any questions about WebCAPE registration, please contact the Modern Languages Faculty listed below, or the Library, Languages, Social and Behavioral Sciences Division Office.
The language assessment results only indicate a suggested placement and ultimately you have the right to choose in which course level to enroll. However, be aware that students who enroll in levels below their ability often do not succeed.
Note: French & German only offer two introductory level courses. Enrollment statistics show that students who enroll in a course for which they are over-prepared are more likely to receive a non-passing grade. In other words, taking a lower-level course is not an "easy A."
|Below 225 points||Spanish V01|
|226 to 325 points||Spanish V02|
|326 to 403 points||Spanish V03|
|404 to 505 points||Spanish V04|
|506 and above||Spanish V03S|
For more information, visit the Spanish Page.
|Below 200 points||French V01|
|200 to 399 points||French V02|
For more information, visit the French Page.
|Below 200 points||German V01|
|200 to 399 points||German V02|
For more information, visit the German Page.