The Modern Languages Department at Ventura College strongly encourages all students enrolling in Spanish & French courses to first take the assessment test to determine the appropriate course level (There is NO assessment available for Japanese
Students, please follow these steps to register and complete the WebCAPE requirement:
1. Follow the link to take the Language Assessment Test
2. Enter your information to register and create an account.
3. Once your information has been entered, click "Create Account".
4. Once the account has been created, click "Sign In" to proceed.
5. Sign in using the email address and password you just used to create your account. Be sure to save this login information in the event you need to access your account again. You can log back in at any time at webcape.truenorthtest.com.
6. After signing in, you will be brought to your Dashboard. From here, you can select the language(s) you would like to take by clicking on "Take Test" and proceeding through the exam.
7. Once you have finished the exam, please screen shot or scan your results and then email them along with the Pre-Requisite Challenge Petition Form to firstname.lastname@example.org (Division Office)
If you have any questions about WebCAPE registration, please contact the Modern Languages Faculty listed below, or the Library, Languages, Social and Behavioral Sciences Division Office.
The language assessment results only indicate a suggested placement and ultimately you have the right to choose in which course level to enroll. However, be aware that students who enroll in levels below their ability often do not succeed.
Note: French only offers two introductory level courses. Enrollment statistics show that students who enroll in a course for which they are over-prepared are more likely to receive a non-passing grade. In other words, taking a lower-level course is not an "easy A."
|0 to 233 points||Spanish V01|
|234 to 311 points||Spanish V02|
|312 to 383 points||Spanish V03|
|384 to 456 points||Spanish V04|
|457 and above||Spanish V03S|
For more information, visit the Spanish Page.
|0 to 199 points||French V01|
|200 to 399 points||French V02|
For more information, visit the French Page.