CALL US FOR MORE INFORMATION!
What is an administrative office assistant?
Administrative office assistants perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of an office or an organization. Successful administrative office assistants must be highly organized and possess excellent computer, writing, and communication skills. Knowledge of a variety of office equipment and modern office procedures is vital. Administrative office assistants may create spreadsheets, compose memos and correspondence, manage databases, generate reports, create presentations and perform research. Various positions may also require handling travel arrangements, maintaining inventories, and planning and scheduling meetings and appointments.
The Administrative Office Assistant Certificate of Achievement is designed to prepare students for entry-level office and administrative support in a variety of job positions, including general office clerks, administrative office assistants, retail salespersons, customer service representatives, receptionists, and information clerks. Students are trained in entry-level office skills including a solid foundation in Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as critical thinking, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to provide greater efficiency in the workplace.
Students who successfully complete this program may continue their education by taking additional courses that lead to an Associate Degree in Administrative Office Assistant, Business Management or Supervision.
Program Competencies upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Effective listening, oral communication, and written communication skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Records management and filing techniques
- Performance of basic financial tasks
- Managing reference sources
- Basic computer application skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Understanding of fundamentals of computer systems and file types
- Design and construction of simple file and folder path structures on local storage device or network storage areas
- Soft skills such as attitude, being a team player, attention to detail, etc.
This program prepares students for careers that include the following:
- Office Clerk
- Administrative Office Assistant
- File Clerk
- Information Clerk
- Office Support Worker
- Administrative Support Worker
- Customer Service Representative
For more information and to see the full report visit http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Office-and-Administrative-Support/Secretaries-and-administrative-assistants.htm
Administrative Office Assistant Awards:
- Certificate of Achievement
- Associate of Science Degree
Advisory Committee Agenda and Minutes: