YOU’RE READY TO GO! BUT IF YOU'RE FEELING RUSTY, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU GET ADDITIONAL SUPPORT
It turns out that students who earned a High School GPA between 2.6 and 1.9 are more likely to pass English if you start in transfer-level English 1A. Research suggests that you’re likely to do even better at transfer-level with additional support.
Here’s a graph to show you what we mean.
ADDITIONAL ACADEMIC SUPPORT:
- For extra in-class support, select a section of English 1A that includes face-to-face computer lab time in the Learning Resource Center (LRC). You may want to avoid any English 1A section that is a "Distance Education Class" if you would like extra in-person support from the instructor.
- Visit the Tutoring Center and meet with a writing tutor.
- Participate in Learning Resource Center Workshops.
Need help registering?
- If you are blocked from enrolling in English 1A for "Prerequisite Not Met," please visit the Assessment Office or call (805) 289-6402.
- For other questions about registration, call the Admissions and Records Office at (805) 289-6457.
- To schedule a counseling appointment, please call (805) 289-6448 or visit the Student Services Center (SSC) Information Desk.