Program Purpose: The Kinesiology degree and classes offer students an opportunity to enrich their education with emphasis on improved individual physical well-being as well as to prepare students for transfer to bachelor's degree programs in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, Coaching and Fitness Management. Students may obtain an Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer and optimize preparation for advanced degrees in Kinesiology at four-year institutions. Typical employment opportunities in the field are in the areas of teaching, coaching, personal or group training, fitness instruction, fitness specialists, physical therapy assistants, recreation, as well as managerial positions in athletics and recreation centers.
The Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer (Kinesiology AA-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing the degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. A student graduating with an Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer may transfer to a CSU Campus to complete a Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology or similar programs.
Program Description: Students may obtain an AS in Kinesiology and optimize preparation for advanced degrees in Kinesiology at four-year institutions. Typical employment opportunities in the field are in the areas of coaching, personal or group training, fitness instruction, fitness specialists, physical therapy assistants, recreation, as well as managerial positions in athletics and recreation centers.
The Kinesiology department provide education and training in personal fitness, sports skill development, martial arts, and self defense. All Kinesiology classes meet the requirement for an Associate Degree at Ventura College. In addition, Kinesiology attracts a significant student population seeking life-long learning and fitness development, and those seeking rehabilitation from injury or illness.
- Catalog description of individual courses
- Student Learning Outcomes and Methods of Assessment for Kinesiology Courses
- Program student learning outcomes and mapping
- Course Level Student Learning Outcomes
Fitness Center Information and Documents:
- Fitness Center Syllabus (KIN V10, V18, V19 and KIN V26) - Copies at Fitness Center Front Desk
- Ventura College Fitness Orientation Video
- KIN V10 Syllabus
- KIN V18 Syllabus
- KIN V19 Syllabus
- KIN V26 Syllabus
- Fitness Center Hours (SPRING) 7 AM - 7 PM Mon./Wed. 7:30 AM - 7 PM Tues./Thurs. 9 AM - Noon Fridays CLOSED From Noon - 1 PM M - TH
- Weight Room Hours (SPRING) 10 AM - 1 PM Mon. - Thurs. CLOSED ON FRIDAYS
- Personal Fitness Training
- Kinesiology Classes Open Now!
Helpful links associated with Health and Kinesiology:
Articles and documents associated with Health and Kinesiology: