Our Mission is to provide the necessary support, education and environment to help Ventura College students LIVE F.I.T.
Fearless in overcoming challenges to reach personal goals
Inspiring a healthy change on and off campus
Thriving by achieving optimal physical and mental wellbeing
GOALS for 2016: 1) Promote sexual health by providing free HIV testing 2) Encourage a healthy and fit lifestyle
Hours, Location, and Contact
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Friday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: CRC-108 (ground floor of the CRC bldg)
Call: 805-289-6346 to make a confidential appointment.
If you have mental or physical health concerns call or stop by. Your student health fee covers most consultations but there may be minimal charges for certain services.
24 Hour Resources
Tips For A Healthier 2016
- Avoid Stressful people when you can. Stress can be contagious. Try not to study or hang out with people who are tense and unable to cope with their own stress.
- Eat healthy and exercise. Too much sugar and junk food will only make you tired and unable to concentrate. Exercise lifts your mood and gives you energy and focus to help you keep studying.
- Say NO! This is not the time to take on extra projects.
- Take breaks! Take a 10 -15 min break for every hour you are studying. You can stretch, exercise, breathe or dance to a few of your favorite jams. Your brain gets a mini break and a chance to absorb more information.
- Trouble sleeping or concentrating that is interfering with school, work and family life.
- Feeling down, hopeless, helpless or having self destructive thoughts most of the time.
- Using nicotine, drugs, alcohol, food, sex or gambling to cope with difficult emotions.
- Having thoughts of suicide or homicide
- GET TESTED!!! Protect you and your partner from disease. We provide FREE rapid HIV testing.
- Wear condoms. Condoms are the only way to protect yourself from diseases. Watch this video to learn how to put them on correctly.
- Talk about sex. It's important for you and your partner to be open and honest about how to keep yourselves safe physically and emotionally.
- Consent + Sex= Pure Bliss!