If you find yourself struggling with life we are here to help. Just pick up the phone and call 805-289-6346 between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM for information on making a confidential appointment.
Our counseling team is diverse in gender, age and race. They are well equipped to help you with a wide variety of mental health concerns including stress, depression, anxiety, relational problems, trauma, post traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, addiction concerns and issues related to gender identity. All sessions with any of our counseling staff is free!
We have day and evening appointments available Monday-Friday.
If you are considering suicide you can contact the Suicide Hotline 24/7 at 877-727-4747
Here is a list of other mental health resources that may be helpful:
- Sexual Assault and Domestic Abuse Hotline 24/7 1-800-300-22181
- Veterans Crisis Line 24/7 1-800-273-8255
- LGBTQ Youth Hotline 24/7 1-866-488-7386
- LGBTQ Resources 888-843-4564
- Eating Disorder Hotline 24/7 888-652-3778
- Ventura County Alcohol and Drug Services 805-981-9200
- Affordable Counseling and Homeless Services 211
Build Your Emotional & Mental Fitness:
It is just as important to take care of your emotional and mental health as it is your body. It affects how we think, feel, and act. Our emotional and mental health determines how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Steps to better mental and emotional health :
- Accept who your are: Value your strengths and respect your limits. Shut down your inner critic and be kind to yourself.
- Develop strong Relationships: Connect with people around you. Look for people who you feel safe to share feelings with. Be kind. Know who you can depend on: Learn how to communicate and listen.
- Be in charge of yourself: Pay attention to your feelings and be honest with yourself. Learn to set goals and meet them. Believe you can affect what happens in your life. Make changes when you need to and learn to accept the things that can't be changed.
- Focus on the positive and not just the negative: Try to not to get stuck in anger or in negative thoughts. Practice forgiveness. Act in ways that support your values and beliefs. Take time everyday to do what you love.
- Know you are not alone. Reach out for help when you need it.