Events to Keep You & Your Community Healthy and F.I.T.
November 7th - Conejo Valley "Mud Crazy" mud run
November 8th - Salmon Run @ Patgonia Ventura - Benefiting local environmental groups
November 26th - Ventura Turkey Trot - Benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of Ventura
Mind, Body & Soul
Maintaining a Healthy Weight
- Eat 5 small balanced meals a day consisting of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Find your Caloric Balance
- Catch some Zzzzzz's. Studies show that people who get at least 7 hours of sleep are more successful at maintaining a healthy weight.
- Don't fight the stress of balancing school, work and a social life with eating. Eating won't help the stress go away. Take a break and go for a walk or a bike ride instead.
- Choose water over a sugary drink.
- Have some fun and stay active! Just 20 minutes a day can make a big difference.
Ways to Keep Stress From Stressing You Out
- Learn to practice relaxation techniques. Try breathing exercises, meditation, prayer, thai chi, or yoga
- Take a break and get some exercise.
- Make time for hobbies and interests.
- Spend time with the people you love.
- Take time to laugh and giggle.
- Share your feelings and talk to a counselor or friend. We have counselors at the health center and it's free! All you need to do is call and make an appointment 805-289-6346.