Log onto your free online student health magazine for this month's issue.
Learn How to:
- Manage your time this semester.
- Prepare healthy and easy to prep meals that will last you a week from the U Cookbook.
- Build strength and stamina with this 30 day fitness challenge from Fitness U.
Free/Low Cost Events to Keep You & Your Community Healthy and F.I.T.
January 17th - XTERRA Boney Mountain Trail Run
January 30th - 8th Annual Bandit Trail Run
January 17th- MLK, Jr. Day of Service Habitat Restoration
January 17th- Unbreakable Boot Camp
January 23rd - Start With Yourself in 2016 Workshop-Get help from experts in setting goals for the new year that can make positive changes in your life.
Mind, Body & Soul
Maintaining a Healthy Weight
- Eat 5 small balanced meals a day consisting of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Find your Caloric Balance
- Catch some Zzzzzz's. Studies show that people who get at least 7 hours of sleep are more successful at maintaining a healthy weight.
- Don't fight the stress of balancing school, work and a social life with eating. Eating won't help the stress go away. Take a break and go for a walk or a bike ride instead.
- Choose water over a sugary drink.
- Have some fun and stay active! Just 20 minutes a day can make a big difference.
Ways to Keep Stress From Stressing You Out
- Learn to practice relaxation techniques. Try breathing exercises, meditation, prayer, thai chi, or yoga
- Take a break and get some exercise.
- Make time for hobbies and interests.
- Spend time with the people you love.
- Take time to laugh and giggle.
- Share your feelings and talk to a counselor or friend. We have counselors at the health center and it's free! All you need to do is call and make an appointment 805-289-6346.