Free DACA Renewal Clinic
Welcome to the Ventura College Financial Aid Office! We are dedicated financial aid professionals committed to serving students by providing them information to secure the necessary financial resources to meet their educational objectives. Ventura College students have a variety of financial aid programs available. These programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options. The types and amounts of financial aid Ventura College awards or recommends are also subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need.
To be considered for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application for each academic year. Note: Adhering to the priority filing deadlines and responding promptly to requests for additional information from the Financial Aid Office are critical components to receiving the maximum financial aid that you may qualify for. For additional information regarding the types of financial aid, please refer to the Ventura College Catalog.. View the VCCCD Code of Conduct/Conflict of Interest Policy here.
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives:
- -Intakes and processes financial aid applications and documentation in accordance to federal and state regulations
- •Provides loan counseling and maintains efforts to minimize the student loan default rate
- -Provides Satisfactory Academic Progress advising, assists students with the appeal process, reviews financial aid appeals, and provides educational workshops to at-risk students
- •Identifies and outreaches to un-served and underserved student populations and works to increase their participation in and access to financial aid
- •Increases awareness of financial aid on campus, at local high schools, and in our community
- •Maintains compliance with all federal and state financial aid programs and regulations
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online, video, email and text campaigns
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process
The Financial Aid Office website is the best source for current information about all the different financial aid options available to Ventura College students! New students may find the following pages very helpful: