OFFICE CLOSURE: Friday 8/26/2016
The office will be closed for processing.
Federal School Code: 001334
Fall 2016 Rush Hours:
Friday, August 22, 2016 - Friday, August 26, 2016
|DATE||OFFICE OPENS AT:||OFFICE CLOSES AT:|
|Monday, August 22||8:30 AM||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, August 23||8:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Wednesday, August 24||8:30 AM||7:00 PM|
|Thursday, August 25||8:30 AM||5:00 PM|
|Friday, August 26||OFFICE CLOSED||OFFICE CLOSED|
Welcome to the Ventura College Financial Aid Office! Our office is committed to student success. Our office is comprised of dedicated financial aid professionals committed to serving students by providing them information to secure the necessary financial resources to meet their educational objectives. The types and amounts of financial aid Ventura College awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need. Ventura College students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
Program Purpose: The Financial Aid Office assists students in achieving their educational goals by providing access to an array of financial resources to fund their education. Students may receive assistance in filling out their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act Application and receive information on the various forms of aid available to them. The Financial Aid Office administers a variety of federal and state financial aid programs to assist students with their education costs at Ventura College. To be considered for these programs, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application for each academic year. Note: Additional forms are required for state aid programs. Some applications have filing requirements and priority filing deadlines for state aid. Due to limitations in funding, the Financial Aid Office may not offer sufficient financial aid to cover the entire cost of education. Adhering to the priority filing deadlines and responding promptly to requests for additional information from the Financial Aid Office is a critical component to receiving the most financial aid that you may qualify for. For additional information regarding the types of financial aid recipients, please refer to the Ventura College Catalog and the Ventura College Financial Aid Office webpage.
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives:
- Provide student centered service, information, and identify financing options to students seeking financial assistance
- Maintain efforts to minimize the student loan default rate
- Identify, outreach to, and increase both financial aid participation and student access to locally defined un-served and underserved student populations
- Increase awareness on campus and at local high schools of financial aid
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online, video, email and text campaigns
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process
The Financial Aid Office website is the best source for current information regarding financial aid at Ventura College. This website is filled with information about all the different financial aid options available to Ventura College students!. Navigate the links on the left to visit the various pages. New Students may find the following pages very helpful:
- How to Apply
- Cost of Attendance
- AB540/Dream Act
- BOGW Enrollment Fee Waiver
- Hours of Operation
- Financial Aid TV
- Financial Aid Counseling