WHILE YOU WAIT
- Keep your mailing address, telephone number, and any other contact information current. Send any changes to the School of Nursing (in writing).
- Take your TEAS V test. You will find information to help you schedule your TEAS test on the TEAS Test Information page on the School of Nursing web site
- Continue to work on your General Education (GE) classes and other graduation requirements. Nursing programs are very challenging and rigorous, and clinical schedules are variable; therefore it is difficult to take GE classes while you are taking nursing coursework. Contact a nursing counselor for assistance in identifying your individual graduation requirements at (805) 289-6448.
- Work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). CNA experience provides you with a strong foundation for your beginning clinical in NSV10.
- To help you in preparing for the nursing program, other courses you may consider taking are:
- HS M25 Basic Pathophysiology (at Moorpark College)
- MathV35 Intermediate Algebra and Applications for Health Care Professionals
- NSV07 Pharmacology
- BUSV27A Beginning Medical Terminology
- BUSV27B Advanced Medical Terminology
- HECV10 Nutrition
- NSV75 Nursing Readiness(Study skills, test taking, care planning and math review)