- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
The Veteran’s Affairs Office offers assistance and information to Veterans and eligible Dependents regarding V.A. Educational Benefits. The Veteran’s Affairs Representative is in the Student Services Center Building in the Admissions & Records Office.
For information regarding eligibility, application for benefits, enrollment verifications, and frequently asked questions, please visit the Dept of Veteran’s Affairs website at www.gibill.va.gov.
For information on how to apply for your benefits at Ventura College, contact the veteran's representative, Patty Mazuca at email@example.com or (805)654-6457 ext. 3116.
Patty is available to see veteran's using their educational benefits Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Admissions Office. No appointment is necessary.
STEPS TO ENROLLMENT
Step 1 Apply for Admission ONLINE!
- Go to www.venturacollege.edu/apply.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Begin Application to Ventura College and submit.
- You will receive 2 emails. First, that your application was received. Secondly, a link to set up your MyVCCCD student account for registration.
- If you do not receive a second email, shortly thereafter, contact the Admissions Office for the status of your application at (805)654-6457.
Step 2 Apply for your VA benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov
- Use the comparison chart when determining VA benefits.
- If you have any questions regarding VA benefits, contact the VA at (888)442-4551.
- VA office hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (central time).
- As soon as you receive the Certificate of Eligibility form from the Veteran's Administration, come in to see the VA representative.
Step 3 Submit your Official Transcripts
- All official transcripts from previous colleges including Military A.C.E/Smart/AARTS must be submitted to the Admissions Office. For information on where to send your request for a military transcript, please click on the following link: Requesting Military Transcripts.
Step 4 Make an Appointment with a Counselor
- You must meet with an academic counselor to get an Educational Plan. The Educational Plan must be submitted to the veteran's representative.
IMPORTANT: VETERANS THAT HAVE ATTENDED OTHER COLLEGES -
AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT CAN BE USED FOR THE INITIAL COUNSELING
To make an academic counseling appointment, please call the Counseling Office at (805)654-6448.
Step 5 Take the college assessment test for English and Math.
- Please see Matriculation for assessment schedule times, dates, and locations.
Step 6 Register for classes
- You may register online using MyVCCCD, or in person. Using MyVCCCD will allow you to pay your fees, browse through all open sessions, sort classes by time and instructor, and add yourself to a waitlist in a closed class.
The current class schedule is available online at ww.venturacollege.edu/schedule.
You may also be eligible for additional monies through Financial Aid. For more information or assistance on applying for financial aid, please call the Financial Aid Office at (805)654-6400 ext. 3233 to make an appointment with Cris Bohorquez. For additional information regarding Financial Aid, please visit their website.
Military Benefits Information: Want to know how you can get a copy of your DD214 online as well as other benefits available to veterans? The following website should be added to your favorites: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal. Once you register you will be able to track all of the benefits available to you as a veteran...loans, health information, dependency benefits, etc.
BAH Calculator: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm
Thank you for serving our country.