Welcome to Ventura College’s Online Counseling service! We are still in the process of developing our service. At this time, our Online Counselor will be able to answer your general/topical questions regarding your educational and academic goals (see list below). Student-specific questions (e.g., transcript evaluations, graduation checks, etc.), which require personal authentication, accessing your individual student records and other student-specific information requires an in-person counseling appointment. Please call 289-6448 to schedule a counseling appointment.
Online Counseling services do not include Psychological Services or in-crisis emergency counseling services. If you are experiencing a psychological crisis, please call 911 immediately. If you are in need of non-crisis psychological services, please contact Ventura College’s Health Services at (805) 289-6346 during regular business hours.
- Student must have college 900 student identification number.
- Information transmitted through our Online Counseling services and email correspondence is not encrypted for security.
- Technological failures may occur, which may affect transmission of Online Counseling services and email correspondence.
- Response time is usually within 72 hours, but could be up to a week during peak times. Weekends, Ventura College recognized holidays, and non-session days/periods are exempt.
- Student questions and/or emails may be referred to the appropriate Ventura department or staff.
- The Online Counselor may refer students to drop-in or in-person counseling appointments if deemed necessary.
- By submitting a question or email correspondence to the Online Counselor, the student is acknowledging the disclaimers listed.
Click here to continue (read disclaimer above)
Topics Appropriate for Online Inquires:
- Understanding college procedures and academic policies
- Process for requesting unit increase (for students not on Dismissal / Probation)
- Understanding prerequisites and co-requisites unblocking
- General transfer requirements information
- General Education (GE) patterns and understanding process on how to submit a request for official external transcript evaluation
Topics That Require You Meet with a Counselor:
- Personal counseling
- Academic plans
- Career counseling
- Dismissal and Probationary Issues
- Petitions to Graduate
- Review outcome of Official External Transcript Evaluation
- Specific transfer information
- And other topics as deemed by Online Counselor