- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Application for Admission
HOW TO APPLY
Admission to Ventura College is Open to any high school graduate, anyone possessing a high school proficiency certificate, GED, or any adult 18 years of age or older and capable of profiting from instruction. Students entering any of the public community colleges of California are subject to the residency requirements by the State of California. You may also be eligible to attend as a Special Admission student if you are still enrolled in high school.
Open to Enrollment: Each course offered by the Ventura County Community College District and its colleges is open to enrollment and participation by any person who has been admitted to the college and who meets the prerequisites to the class or program, unless specifically exempted by statute.
The following steps need to be completed to be admitted as a new student at Ventura College.
1. Complete our online application for admission.
- Access the online application using OpenCCC.
- Applications will be available in our database within 24 business hours of submission.
- You will be asked to enter an e-mail address. If you do not have your own e-mail account, OpenCCC will create an email for you. If your e-mail account changes in the future, please access OpenCCC to update your address with us.
2. Setup your MyVCCCD account.
- Once your admission application is processed, you will receive an email from Ventura College with instructions on how to setup your account.
- Students will be prevented from registering for classes until their OpenCCC account is setup.
3. Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete the on-line BOG Fee Waiver (enrollment fees only) .
4. Submit official transcripts from prior institutions.
- Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope.
- Mail transcripts to:
Admissions & Records
4667 Telegraph Road
Ventura, CA 93003
5. Complete the assessment process.
- Assessment testing will be conducted in sessions. Only Ventura County Community College District students who have completed the admission application and have a student id number will be allowed to take the assessment test. Students are requested to sign up for the session which they plan to attend by completing a Testing Appointment Request Form and submitting it by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org), by fax (805) 289-6425 or in person at the Assessment Center in the Student Services Center Building.
- If seats remain open at the time a session is scheduled to start, they will be assigned to walk-in students on a first come, first served basis. Students planning to take the assessment test should allow
approximately one and a half hours for the English test, and one hour for the math test. Students are requested to arrive at the testing center in the Student Services Center Building at least five minutes prior to the scheduled session starting time. Students arriving late may have their seats reassigned to “walk-in” students. Students must have their Ventura College Student ID number at the time of testing. See scheduled testing sessions.
6. Complete New Student Orientation
Complete the Online College Orientation. After completing the online orientation print out your Certificate of Completion as this will be required before making a Counseling appointment. Click here to begin the College Orientation. Otherwise, contact the Counseling Department at 805-289-6448 to attend an in-person College Orientation.
7. Register for Classes online at my.vcccd.edu.
- Verify your date & time for registration at OpenCCC.
- Please check the current calendar for registration dates.
- All registration fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- Registration will not be complete unless the fees are paid in full.
- Financial Aid is available.
- Payment plans are available through OpenCCC.