Welcome to Ventura College!
Your Guide to ENROLLMENT SUCCESS!
Step 1. Apply for Admission Click Here
- Returning Students - You must re-apply for admission if you have not attended in over a year
- Follow instructions to create an OpenCCC account and submit your application
- You must provide a valid email address & allow 24 hours to process your application and receive your new student email confirmation
- Check out the Steps to set up MyVCCCD visual guide
Step 2. Set up MyVCCCD Student Portal
- You will receive an email from Ventura College with instructions on how to setup your MyVCCCD portal. ***Please note the link expires in 10 days.
- Regularly check your MyVCCCD email or activate mail forwarding option under MyAccount settings in MyVCCCD
- Write down your Student ID number for your records
- Log on to MyVCCCD and click on the MySUCCESS tab to complete the online orientation
- Complete the short assessments and print your Certificate of Completion, it will be required prior to making a counseling appointment
- Schedule an assessment session (click here)
- Check for the testing dates & times, test last 2-3 hours long
- Call the Counseling Office at (805) 289-6448 to schedule your New Student Counseling Session and develop your first-semester educational plan
- Access DegreeWorks via MyVCCCD to select and track courses to meet your educational goals
- Not sure how to create an abbreviated education plan in DegreeWorks? Click here to access the tutorial video.
Step 6. Apply for Financial Aid online at: fafsa.ed.gov
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW)
- Ventura College School Code: 001334
Step 7. Submit Official Transcripts from High School & All Colleges You Have Attended
- If you have attended any other college or university, arrange to have official transcripts(s) sent to Ventura College after final grades are posted.
- AP test results must be sent to Ventura College directly from the College Board
- Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope & mailed to: Ventura College Admissions & Records, 4667 Telegraph Rd, Ventura CA 93003
- Verify your date & time for registration
- Check the current calendar for registration dates
- Registration will not be complete unless the fees are paid in full
- Payment plans are available on Register & Pay tab
- Schedule of Classes | College Catalog
Step 9. Get your Ventura College Student ID Card
- The Associated Students of Ventura College (ASVC) encourage you to purchase an ASVC photo identification card. This card entitles students to many benefits that are financed largely by the funds received from membership in the ASVC. (805).289.6156
Step 10. FOLLOW UP
- After the rush, schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor to develop a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP). Appointments are scheduled in the Counseling Office (SSC) or by calling (805). 289.6448.
All new and returning students are required to complete Orientation, Assessment, and a Student Educational Plan unless they qualify for an exemption. Priority registration will be granted only after all three components are completed. If you believe you qualify for an exemption from one or more of the Student Services and Support Program (3SP) components based on the criteria listed below, complete the exemption request form and obtain approval from the Counseling Office. Submission of the exemption request form does not mean or guarantee approval of your exemption request. If your exemption is granted, you will lose your opportunity for priority registration that is granted to students who complete all the services.
- Earned an Associate Degree or higher.
- Enrolling solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standards. (Documentation must be attached.)
- Enrolled at another college or university and taking classes to fulfill college/university requirements. (Documentation must be attached.)
- I have already completed a degree applicable Math and English class. Applies to assessment only. (Documentation must be attached.)
- High School Students: Special Admission applies to K-12 students interested in taking classes at Ventura College.