How do I use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
You may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool two weeks after you and/or your parents have electronically filed taxes or eight weeks after you and/or your parents have filed taxes by mail.
Instructions for IRS Data Retrieval on your FAFSA
- Log into www.fafsa.gov
- Click on “Make FAFSA Corrections”
- Click on “Financial Information” tab
- Correct “Will File” to “Already Completed”
- If you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, click Link to IRS and OK
- On the IRS Web site (www.IRS.gov.) enter the requested information and click Submit
- Click on the box under the “Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA” and then click Transfer Now
- You should receive the message “You have successfully transferred your 2011 tax information”
- Complete all steps and electronically sign (dependent students must have PIN for themselves as well as for a parent) and Submit your FAFSA
- Your FAFSA is successfully submitted once you have received a confirmation number
How can we help you?
If you need further assistance, please visit the our Financial Aid Office.